Expired Campaign Events - Emails Still Showing as Pending

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1
My PHP version is: 7.3

Your problem
My problem is: I have several one time campaigns that run for a period of them, then are turned off thru the unpublish date field for the campaign. Campaign events, especially emails still show as next/upcoming events although they were unpublished months ago. I would expect the unpublishing the campaign would also clear the queue of uncompleted campaign events as well but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Date based holiday promotions is a prime example of that, and I frequently use the not opened email functionality to resend the email, or another series of emails within that campaign.

It that the intended behavior, and if so, what’s the best practice in ‘unqueueing’ campaign events after unpublish date? My pending activity report is meaningless as its littered with expired events, and the same issue on the contact records.

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Hi,

I’ve got the same problem.

The only way I’ve found to remove those old “upcoming emails” was to simply delete the campaign that was triggering them.
Maybe before deleting it do a screenshot of the campaign stats if you wish to keep them…

If you still need this campaign you may as well clone it before deleting.