Expiring links

My idea is:

Add an option to expire links, which are included in an email. Either via a option for the whole email or via the email editor in an extra property while inserting the link.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:

People who send emails with “time sensitive” links, like time based opt ins or offers etc.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:

If contacts click the link after a specific time period they get to an outdated/no more relevant page. The expiry option would add the opportunity to redirect the contacts to a specific page (with a hint, another offer, etc.)

Use case: DOI Page

When a user signs up for a newsletter they need to double opt-in. To comply with GDPR rules, user who don’t double opt-in need to be deleted after a while.
If the contact’s DB entry gets deleted, but the user who signed up clicks the link afterwards, they think, they successfully subscribed for the newsletter. You just lost a lead/contact.
A redirect to a specific sign-up landing page, which shows a hint (your link has expired; please sign up again) at the beginning would be nice—to give the user the possibility to sign up again.