Send e-mail again if user has not viewed it yet.

In Germany you need the double OptIn procedure to get the users right-assured in a newsletter.

I leave the users in a form to enter their e-mail. Then I know this one segment to (unconfirmed).

If the users click on the e-mail and thus a page visit then the segment is swapped (confirmed)

Now I have in the segment (not confirmed) slowly over 30 people who have registered, but have not confirmed the recording.

My idea is now X days after this e-mail to send again to the people still animate these confirm and then also registered in the newsletter correctly.

How can I do that. I would have to have as a condition that he did not click the link in a certain period of time or the confirmation page has not visited.

Do you have an idea or should I work here with several campaigns?

In Germany you need the double OptIn procedure to get the users right-assured in a newsletter.

I leave the users in a form to enter their e-mail. Then I know this one segment to (unconfirmed).
If the users click on the e-mail and thus a page visit then the segment is swapped (confirmed)

Now I have in the segment (not confirmed) slowly over 30 people who have registered, but have not confirmed the recording.

My idea is now X days after this e-mail to send again to the people still animate these confirm and then also registered in the newsletter correctly.

How can I do that. I would have to have as a condition that he did not click the link in a certain period of time or the confirmation page has not visited.

Do you have an idea or should I work here with several campaigns?

You can add timings for campaign actions. Approach:

You will need (or you already have) a decision “confirmation page visited”

• Yes: change segments from unconfirmed to confirmed
  • No: add reminder action (e.g. send mail) with “within a relative time period”

I’ve done it this way. There are 2 paths in the campaign.

Once normal right and once with 2 days reminder on the left.

Or should you divide these whole paths into several campaigns?

I don’t think this will work. You send a reminder after three days - even if your lead visits the confirmation page. Or I am wrong?

No, because he would not be in this campaign when he visited the site before.

Yes, now I see it. My opinion: changing campaigns within campaigns is not very transparent. I want to see if my contacts passed the DOI campaign.

I am following a different approach:

1. I have a standalone form which fulfills some default actions (send new contact information to me, add contact tags, add contact to “unconfirmed” segment etc.) - I do it because in my opinion it is easier to modify default contact actions in a form compared to a campaign
  2. The DOI campaign takes all contact from the “unconfirmed” segment and executes the DOI process

The DOI process is simple:

1. Take all contacts from “unconfirmed” segment
  2. Send them an email and ask them to click a URL in the email
  3. Check if link was clicked (= page was visited)
    3a. If yes: send thank you, tag contact, change segments
    3b. If no: send them reminder (if clicked reminder email link do same things as in 3a)

I’ve done it this way:

Immediately for normal
3 days for slow
8 days for extra slow
30 days contact is deleted

There are under the “trees” now still the further points as at the far right. It would be great if you could now jump into these.

So I would not have to do it all individually :smiley:

Since I supply several shops with it I do something for every shop and should come with it.

This is always the campaign for the segment.

What you say would be possible if you only have a starting point. But so I could not distinguish for each segment.

But thank you for your point of view

[quote]What you say would be possible if you only have a starting point. But so I could not distinguish for each segment.[/quote] I almost agree. :slight_smile: I accomplish such things with tagging my contacts so there is no problem with different sources. I am not a huge fan of segments but this is a matter of taste (and paradigms).

OK, now I get it. You are saving some duplicate work as you only have one tree.

Ok thank you I think now I should have it!

Yes, looks fine now

I would be carefull with too many mails. I do a reminder next day, too. But another after 8 and 30 days is not only critical when it comes to the freakin law, but you risk, that the user marks you as spam. And this is something you really don’t want, I’d guess.
just a thought
Schönen Gruß :slight_smile:

Nach 30 Tagen wird der User gelöscht. Ich mach nach 3 Tagen eine erinnerung und nochmal eine nach 8 Tagen. Danach ist es das ich warte und dann nach 30 Tagen lösche.