Fatal Error Installing Custom Objects Plugin in V5.0.3

Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.0.3
My PHP version is: 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
My Database type and version is: 10.6.16-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

Your problem
My problem is: Custom Objects Plugin throwing fatal error on installation

These errors are showing in the log: PHP Fatal error: Access level to Mautic Plugin\Custom Objects Bundle\Controller\Custom Object\FormController::renderForm() must be protected (as in class Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Controller\AbstractController) or weaker in /var/www/html/mautic/plugins/CustomObjectsBundle/Controller/CustomObject/FormController.php on line 129

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Cleared cache as per advice on support forum

Hi @garry1975

That is happening probably because the plugin is not compatible with version 5. Check the plugin logs or directly inquire with the programmer or company that developed it.

Best regards,
Ricardo

I’m having the same issue. Tried to install all the other branches on the repository, but no success, all of them resulted with the same error:

PHP Fatal error:  Access level to MauticPlugin\CustomObjectsBundle\Controller\CustomObject\FormController::renderForm() must be protected (as in class Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Controller\AbstractController) or weaker in /var/www/html/mautic/plugins/CustomObjectsBundle/Controller/CustomObject/FormController.php on line 129

In FormController.php line 129:

Compile Error: Access level to MauticPlugin\CustomObjectsBundle\Controller\CustomObject\FormController::renderForm() must be protec
  ted (as in class Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Controller\AbstractController) or weaker

Here are the tested branches: