Form for poll/vote

Hi folks,

I would like to use a form to create a poll/vote.

Would somebody please share with me, how I can “protect” this form from being filled out several times by the same IP?

Alternatively a protection via social network cookie would be a solution as well.

Best regards,

viegelinsch

Hi folks,

I would like to use a form to create a poll/vote.
Would somebody please share with me, how I can “protect” this form from being filled out several times by the same IP?
Alternatively a protection via social network cookie would be a solution as well.

Best regards,
viegelinsch

I don’t know the exact solution to your problem but there is a “Kiosk mode” option on forms which I think has the following behaviour:

1. if on -> multiple submissions from the same IP is treated separate, i.e. creates multiple results
  2. if off -> multiple submissions from the same IP is merged together

Have a look to see if it would solve your problem, noting that most people are behind NATs nowadays so if your audience are employees within 1 company then it is likely that Kiosk mode on is desirable.

Also, I have encountered this slight issue that you might want to watch out for: I’ve set my form to redirect to a page after submission. I’ve found that if users click the back button after being redirected then the form gets resubmitted with identical values. Not a problem for me but just annoying because it skews the count.

Linh