Kiosk mode for internal workflow

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a series of forms to group together a bunch of actions that we use regularly. Basically putting in a email address changes around a leads lists and campaigns

My first thought was to put the form in kiosk mode but then it appears that every new submission creates a new lead without matching it by the email (does that sound right?). Then if I turn off kiosk mode the one lead gets update thanks to the tracking.

Any ideas of how this could be achieved?

Thanks,

Zac

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a series of forms to group together a bunch of actions that we use regularly. Basically putting in a email address changes around a leads lists and campaigns

My first thought was to put the form in kiosk mode but then it appears that every new submission creates a new lead without matching it by the email (does that sound right?). Then if I turn off kiosk mode the one lead gets update thanks to the tracking.

Any ideas of how this could be achieved?

Thanks,
Zac

Kiosk mode should update existing leads if a matching email address is submitted with the form.

Scenario:

• Lead "myemail@host.com" already exists in DB
  • Someone submits form and includes "myemail@host.com" as the email field
  • They also submit a first name and phone number
  • the existing lead should be updated

Example:
This lead was created by submitting just an email address to a kiosk-mode form:

https://www.evernote.com/l/ACraFPvIA2VLHqhyeyehD2qd2HpUoSGsDskB/image.png

Then I re-submitted the form including a phone number and name:
https://www.evernote.com/l/ACrxyQjI8QVOpLR2CeapkHkPOVSz64r6sm4B/image.png

you can see the same lead was updated (not a new one created).

Hi Chad,

It doesn’t seem to be working that way for me…

So a used “Quick add lead” to add the lead with just a email address, I then went to the form and submitted the following
“test”, “lead”, "myemail@host.com" as first name, last name, email

It created two separate leads…

I worked out what was causing it though, the email field wasn’t set to be a unique identifier, in fact it had no value, one of the database migrations must have failed somewhere along the way…

Thanks for the help!

Glad you got it! Thanks for the note on the email unique identifier setting.