Forms on local kiosks

Hello -

We are looking at an environment where the initial lead capture is done at an onsite kiosk (an iPad). Because the IP of the iPad remains the same, our leads are being overwritten with every submission.

Do you have a way to make these forms not capture the IP until they open an email or access a link from home?

Hello -

We are looking at an environment where the initial lead capture is done at an onsite kiosk (an iPad). Because the IP of the iPad remains the same, our leads are being overwritten with every submission.

Do you have a way to make these forms not capture the IP until they open an email or access a link from home?

Hi Brendan,

If using beta4, and you have a form submit action of “Create/update lead” with a mapped email field, new email address submitted should force a new lead to be created. Make sure the create/update lead action is the first in the list so that all the subsequent actions recognize and use the new lead.

But thinking through this, there is a cookie used to group session events together which expires 30 minutes after the last interaction. If a new lead is created through a form submission, Mautic does assume that anything associated with the session tracking cookie must have been done by the new lead. So it is possible if you have 5 people submit within 30 minutes, those 5 submissions will be changed to be associated with the latest lead created. We will have to think through how to remedy that.

When you say your leads are getting overwritten, are they getting overwritten as evident in the Mange Leads list, previous form submissions are getting associated with another lead, or both?

Thanks!
Alan

Thanks Alan!

I tried this out with an empty database and then submitted six forms in rapid succession on the iPad, all with different email addresses and contact info. When I looked in the database, the only lead was the most recent form submission.

Hope that makes sense. I might be able to use kiosk software to clear the cookies after a timeout / logoff…

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Just to confirm, you are using beta4 right? The definitive way to check is to open app/AppKernel.php and the EXTRA_VERSION variable should equal -beta4.

If definitely beta4, would you be willing to send me (or create temporary) login credentials so I can take a look at the setup? You can start a private conversation with me here or email me at alan.hartless@{this-site}.org. I did the same and a new lead was create for each form submission so we either have fixed it since, or we have a different setup leading to the different results.

Thanks!
Alan

One possible solution would be a form checkbox that forced every submission to be treated as a new lead. Just a thought :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David