Entry into form is replacing instead adding

Hi,

I had made a form for our internal staff to build up leads database. However I found that the new lead entered into the form is replacing previous entry record instead of adding them as new leads.

For example, I first entered an email address abc@abc.com into the form, it got recorded correctly into a list. Then I enter another email address, zxc@zxc.com, zxc@zxc.com will replace abc@abc.com instead of adding it as a new lead.

This is happening in v1.2.2. The exactly same form is working fine is v 1.2.0. can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I had made a form for our internal staff to build up leads database. However I found that the new lead entered into the form is replacing previous entry record instead of adding them as new leads.

For example, I first entered an email address abc@abc.com into the form, it got recorded correctly into a list. Then I enter another email address, zxc@zxc.com, zxc@zxc.com will replace abc@abc.com instead of adding it as a new lead.

This is happening in v1.2.2. The exactly same form is working fine is v 1.2.0. can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,

are you doing the test from the same computer/IP address? If so please make sure you turn on the Kiosk mode on the form.

[quote=4775:@vln104]Hi,

are you doing the test from the same computer/IP address? If so please make sure you turn on the Kiosk mode on the form.[/quote]

Thanks, it’s working.
By the way just to confirm, is the kiosk mode will not track all activities of IPs? Besides of allowing multiple input into form using single IP, any other effects to the lead tracking?

I am not too sure - may be one of the Mautic developers can answer it better. However, my understanding of the Kiosk mode is the following:

1. Kiosk mode off - Mautic will guess that visits from the same IP belongs to 1 lead so it merges the information. This is kind of true, I find, when you are doing B2C marketing and most individuals live at different addresses with different IPs
  2. Kiosk mode on - Mautic will not do the IP matching and recognise submissions from the same IP as separate leads. This I find to be useful for when you are at a exhibition kiosk and get lots of passer bys to register using your own computer. It is also useful when marketing B2B since multiple people working at the same company is likely to have the same IP address. In this scenario, I find putting an email field on the form to match will help.

[quote=4800:@vln104]I am not too sure - may be one of the Mautic developers can answer it better. However, my understanding of the Kiosk mode is the following:

1. Kiosk mode off - Mautic will guess that visits from the same IP belongs to 1 lead so it merges the information. This is kind of true, I find, when you are doing B2C marketing and most individuals live at different addresses with different IPs
  2. Kiosk mode on - Mautic will not do the IP matching and recognise submissions from the same IP as separate leads. This I find to be useful for when you are at a exhibition kiosk and get lots of passer bys to register using your own computer. It is also useful when marketing B2B since multiple people working at the same company is likely to have the same IP address. In this scenario, I find putting an email field on the form to match will help.[/quote]

Thanks for your help buddy!