Hosted Mautic: Yes/No Decision sends to both...

I have a problem on the hosted version. I have several decision steps and both yes AND no decisions are being sent emails.

As shown in this image:

http://imgur.com/a/PfnEA

All my decision points are being executed…

This what I do:

1. I fill out form (not logged in to Admin interface, btw) and my user is added to my contact list.
  2. The Send 1st Email action is kicked off and 10 points are added.
  3. The Visit Page decision is executed as ‘Yes’ when I click the link for the page designated.
  4. I get a thank you email at 1 minute mark and 30 points added.
  5. 10 Minutes later, I get a reminder email (this should NOT happen).
  6. I click the link in the email to Visit Page to Schedule appointment - contacts stage is changed and more points are assigned.
  7. 10 Minutes later I get Last Chance Email (should NOT happen).

So what is the deal? This product seem pretty buggy. I like the workflow drag and drop but then realized that you can assign all sorts of things in the workflow that will kill it from working or decision points that seem to mean nothing. And no one seems to repoond to messages here unless you complain loudly (as some have). I see some messages on here go unanswered for months or never.

As a new user, this is frustrating…especially when the documentation is horrible and the user video walkthroughs are ALL out of date (old UI) or too short to be useful.

I realize you can’t update the docs b/c it probably is too big a time commitment for the developers…but can’t you upload a complete youtube walkthrough of a new campaign using campaign forms and decision points like my example? Something not too complex…but not so simple it is totally useless? If I could get mine to work I would do it…but at this point there is no point in doing that until it actually works.

I’m really glad I started on your hosted version…I see lot of threads on here asking questions about users own downloaded version setups.

Since I am using the hosted version, I expected to see far less in the way of difficulties or problems. But sadly, that is not the case.

By the way, I think people would pay for the hosted version or even a fee for the downloaded version if you had better docs, support, and an up-to-date youtube channel. This makes all the difference.

However, I’ve posted several questions on here (no answer) contacted you on two different twitter accounts (no answer) and was left to twist in the wind struggling to get the HOSTED version working properly.

I have a problem on the hosted version. I have several decision steps and both yes AND no decisions are being sent emails.

As shown in this image:
http://imgur.com/a/PfnEA

All my decision points are being executed…

This what I do:

1. I fill out form (not logged in to Admin interface, btw) and my user is added to my contact list.
  2. The Send 1st Email action is kicked off and 10 points are added.
  3. The Visit Page decision is executed as ‘Yes’ when I click the link for the page designated.
  4. I get a thank you email at 1 minute mark and 30 points added.
  5. 10 Minutes later, I get a reminder email (this should NOT happen).
  6. I click the link in the email to Visit Page to Schedule appointment - contacts stage is changed and more points are assigned.
  7. 10 Minutes later I get Last Chance Email (should NOT happen).

So what is the deal? This product seem pretty buggy. I like the workflow drag and drop but then realized that you can assign all sorts of things in the workflow that will kill it from working or decision points that seem to mean nothing. And no one seems to repoond to messages here unless you complain loudly (as some have). I see some messages on here go unanswered for months or never.

As a new user, this is frustrating…especially when the documentation is horrible and the user video walkthroughs are ALL out of date (old UI) or too short to be useful.

I realize you can’t update the docs b/c it probably is too big a time commitment for the developers…but can’t you upload a complete youtube walkthrough of a new campaign using campaign forms and decision points like my example? Something not too complex…but not so simple it is totally useless? If I could get mine to work I would do it…but at this point there is no point in doing that until it actually works.

I’m really glad I started on your hosted version…I see lot of threads on here asking questions about users own downloaded version setups.

Since I am using the hosted version, I expected to see far less in the way of difficulties or problems. But sadly, that is not the case.

By the way, I think people would pay for the hosted version or even a fee for the downloaded version if you had better docs, support, and an up-to-date youtube channel. This makes all the difference.

However, I’ve posted several questions on here (no answer) contacted you on two different twitter accounts (no answer) and was left to twist in the wind struggling to get the HOSTED version working properly.

Any answer to this? I’m also using the hosted version and have been hit with this as well in Condition nodes. It seems like the RED leg (negative status) executes incorrectly. I set a condition node using a contact field value and it seems like the Condition node completely ignored it and fired the RED leg anyway.

This seems similar to the issue you had above and I’ve burned a lot of hours trying to understand if my logic / contact fields / implementation was off or if there is a bug in the system.

Is this happening to more people? Is there an active bug around this?

Based just on the first problem I’d have said it was more likely to be a problem with tracking the page visits. @user123, can you provide more information?

Hi @Elenchus, thanks for the response. Here’s the campaign i’m working with. See the notes on the image. I have a condition node that should only let users with a specific contact field value through (activated=true). For some reason, contacts who fail this test (i.e. activated=false) are making it past that decision node and onto the next one, which triggers an email (because its not expecting anyone who hasn’t activated yet).

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas why this is happening.

http://i.imgur.com/xy1XamC.png

Someone on #slack did mention they think it is a problem with Mautic not recognizing it’s own internal landing pages when used as part of a campaign. This would definitely screw up a campaign’s workflow. I have yet to hear anything from Mautic support about whether Mautic plans to fix this for over 2 months now. It looks to me like Mautic is pretty poorly supported for the most part. Even when you get some of the team on slack, they sometimes ignore you ‘real-time’. LOL. Too bad, it looked promising.

Thanks @pbrady, I haven’t been on the slack channels but i’m done with Mautic. Me and my team have burnt a week trying to figure out if we were building things wrong or if there was a bug. I’ve sent in support tickets (on our paid account) and poured through the forum code but no avail - no answer from support and so many forum posts un-responded to for months. Unfortunately I can’t waste any more time with this. It’s a shame, I am a big proponent of open source software but this is basic functionality that I shouldn’t be second guessing.