How can I allow a contact to resubscribe itself?

I’m trying out Mautic for the past weeks and I encountered an unusual behavior while testing the unsubscribe workflow.

I’m using the {unsubscribe_text} label to create the link automatically and after clicking the user receives the “Do Not Contact” tag correctly.

However, if for some reason he decides to resubscribe to the list and submit the same form again the tag “Do Not Contact” is not removed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way for me to guarantee that a visitor can resubscribe itself after unsubscribing from the list?

I’m trying out Mautic for the past weeks and I encountered an unusual behavior while testing the unsubscribe workflow.

I’m using the {unsubscribe_text} label to create the link automatically and after clicking the user receives the “Do Not Contact” tag correctly.

However, if for some reason he decides to resubscribe to the list and submit the same form again the tag “Do Not Contact” is not removed.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way for me to guarantee that a visitor can resubscribe itself after unsubscribing from the list?

I’m having the same problem, I assumed its some sort of glitch.

1.) Does any one know if it might be fixed in the next update?
OR
2.) Any way to fix this so it resubscribes the contact when they resubscribe to the form (removes the “Do Not Contact”)?

NOTE: I’ve tried the form with kiosk mode on/off with a different browser (not logged into mautic)
The unsubscribes/resubscribes link at the bottom of the email works
It’s only when you try to resubscribes using the form that it does not work.

Not good since you’ll always have people resubscribing to your forms in the future.

Right now there is only one way how a contact can re-subscribe itself. If they go again to the unsubscribe page (where they unsubscribed earlier), they can re-subscribe again there.