How do I check which URL in an email a user followed from within a campaign?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.0
My PHP version is: 7.2.24

Your problem
Objective:
Check which button a user clicks in an email sent to them as part of a campaign and have the campaign make a decision based on that information.

Additional information:

• The buttons contain URLs with href={contactfield=some_url} and the URL has the same origin but different parameters.
  • It shows up in the contact’s history as: {Event Name: {contactfield=some_url}, Event Type: Page hit, Event Timestamp: }
  • There’s no tracking JS or pixel on the pages being visited because I only care about which button was clicked.

My problem is:
I can’t get the campaign to register this event and make a decision based on it. I’ve tried using the “Clicks Email” decision in the campaign and setting the “Limit to Urls contains” field to * to account for the varying parameters, but that doesn’t work. Following what I’ve seen online in the docs here and here I’ve done this on private browsing and I’m not on the same network as the mautic instance. I’ve also made sure to send my test emails from a campaign.
I apologise in advance as this seems like a very basic question, but I can’t find the answer.
Thank you

1 Like

Same issue here.

I have an email with two buttons, which will either continue or end the campaign based on the user’s selection. However, when I tested the email and clicked on either option, nothing occurred.

I think your problem is, that you don’t have a NO leg in your campaign. So the decision is made before the person could click.
Plz add no with some action and set that you wait 2 days to complete.