clicks link as decision?

I was building a campaign and wanted to use the following logic:

*Send email #1

*Wait 7 days

*If lead clicked on link from email, then send email #2, else send email #3

I don’t see an option under “Decisions” to base the logic on a click, only on an email open. Am I missing something? Is there no way to track if a lead clicks on a link?

It is planned in one of the next versions to choice “Link Clicks” as Decision
Because i want track link clicks to external Websites

Yes, I thought about the ‘visits a page’ option but this doesn’t allow you to know which email lead to the page visit and certainly doesn’t give any insight into which link was clicked if it appeared multiple times in the same email. It also doesn’t allow you to track click-through as a performance metric or even know if the page visit is attributable to the email or some other marketing effort.

I suppose you could add some campaign parameters to the url. It’s just not as easy to use as the native feature found in nearly all other email marketing platforms.

@stan74 are you sure? Is Link click as decision planned? That would be awesome!

@todda I think that click links as desision is an absolute MUST for Mautic.

I have seen several post about this and as a marketer (I’m not a developer) I have to say that Marketing Automation is based on people behaivor and one of the most importants behaivors to track online are clicks.

This is why I think that this must by part of the CORE of Mautic, not just a plugin.

As I sayd I’m not a developer but if I can help in some way here I am.

Yes, I agree. I don’t think it would be too difficult. The framework for decisions already exists and Mautic apparently already has a native feature to track clickthroughs, https://mautic.org/docs/en/emails/troubleshooting.html. It should be just a matter of accessing that data from the campaign builder.

If any freelance developers are interested in working with me to build this, please DM here or find me on slack.

I was building a campaign and wanted to use the following logic:
*Send email #1
*Wait 7 days
*If lead clicked on link from email, then send email #2, else send email #3

I don’t see an option under “Decisions” to base the logic on a click, only on an email open. Am I missing something? Is there no way to track if a lead clicks on a link?

+1. I agree. This is a very important behaviour insight piece which in my opinion should be upvoted as a top priority. There is a big difference between somebody who is interested in the links and somebody who is not. Any idea as to when this functionality might be available?

@Ethan

I just opened a voting thread here:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/7401-polishing-the-turd

@MxyzptlkFishStix. Thanks for the workaround. I’ll test it and let you know if I hit any obstacles.

@MxyzptlkFishStix , nice work around. It would be awesome to see it implemented as a clean ‘feature’, but this is an awesome trick

Cheers
Jo

@todda, if you are still around, can you mark @MxyzptlkFishStix’s workaround as an answer to your problem please.

Cheers