How do I configure Lead Matching?

As I understand it, there are 2 Social Integration use-cases: share-buttons, and getting lead info.

I have the share-buttons configured and working no problem.

My issue is with the mechanics of getting and matching lead data. Specifically, what channels (form, landing page, etc.) does Mautic use to get social media profile into leads. So if I’m logged into my twitter account and take some action, my profile info is retrieved, is that the idea? Based on the plug-ins “Lead Matching” feature is available. What do I expect as a result, does Mautic capture my firstname and lastname, etc. ? At this point, am I a non-existent lead, or I exist and I just don’t have all the profile info in the leads… I haven’t found much info on this topic.

How to configure for lead matching-- an example would be great, since Twitter has the lead matching, that would work, or Google+, either one… Do I create a landing page? How would I test my configuration. Login with twitter, visit a page, and see if a new lead is created, etc.?

Thanks for your help…

As I understand it, there are 2 Social Integration use-cases: share-buttons, and getting lead info.
I have the share-buttons configured and working no problem.

My issue is with the mechanics of getting and matching lead data. Specifically, what channels (form, landing page, etc.) does Mautic use to get social media profile into leads. So if I’m logged into my twitter account and take some action, my profile info is retrieved, is that the idea? Based on the plug-ins “Lead Matching” feature is available. What do I expect as a result, does Mautic capture my firstname and lastname, etc. ? At this point, am I a non-existent lead, or I exist and I just don’t have all the profile info in the leads… I haven’t found much info on this topic.

How to configure for lead matching-- an example would be great, since Twitter has the lead matching, that would work, or Google+, either one… Do I create a landing page? How would I test my configuration. Login with twitter, visit a page, and see if a new lead is created, etc.?

Thanks for your help…

Those are good questions. We are experiencing quite a big problems with social integrations. Social platforms like Facebook and Twitter disabled a few permissions since the Mautic plugins were developed. The original functionality is not working properly because of that.

The original idea was that if you know the username for a social platform, the API of that platform let us get the activities of that user and we could display it in the lead detail. It’s not possible to search for a user via API by email for example so it has to be username. You have to get the username from a lead somehow. Probably via a form.

The cure for this would be to develop an integration with FullContact (http://www.fullcontact.com) or Clearbit(https://clearbit.com/) or even better in time would be both.

Good to know, I’ve been wondering about these things myself.

A workaround might be to require a user to fill a form to get an asset by email instead of downloading the asset. Mautic could use some content locking features to curb this problem i.e. require a user to log in with facebook in order to download the asset. Just a few ideas.

Thanks for the responses. When a user interacts with a mautic object and they’re logged in to Facebook or Twitter, is it possible to use the APIs, like the Facebook graph, to retrieve their profile? If they’re not logged in, they can be prompted.

Does anybody have Clearbit or FullContact working? I have tried both and although I can see the call is made to the app (clearbit or fullcontact) as it is registered and recorded on their dashboards. However, nothing is returned?