Social integration does not work

I set up Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Published and authorized all apps. There are no errors. The plugins all have the green tick on their respective icons and they have been published.

Viewing any lead and clicking on

Code:
No Social Profiles Found Click here to search for social media profiles based on lead's available profile data. (Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager).
starts that update line going, but no result shows up.

This happens even when I view myself, with or without my social accounts entered under the "Social" tab. Neither Facebook, nor Twitter, nor google+ information is displayed.

There are no errors in the apache2 log or the Mautic log.

Stuck.

Help.

V.

I set up Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Published and authorized all apps. There are no errors. The plugins all have the green tick on their respective icons and they have been published.

Viewing any lead and clicking on No Social Profiles Found Click here to search for social media profiles based on lead's available profile data. (Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager). starts that update line going, but no result shows up.

This happens even when I view myself, with or without my social accounts entered under the “Social” tab. Neither Facebook, nor Twitter, nor google+ information is displayed.

There are no errors in the apache2 log or the Mautic log.

Stuck.

Help.

V.

Hi VMajor

To have a lead look up a media profile you have to have the handle entered in the respective field first. So if you want to pull in a profile for twitter, the username for twitter has to be in the ‘twitter’ field for the lead. Did you try that already?

Hi Chad,

yes I tried that both with imported contacts, and with a new contact. None of the social data is pulled up and no errors are logged. Also I noticed another error, for the new contact I manually entered the “Social” data in their profile tab and was able to enter their Facebook and Skype names and save the user record, but whenever I attempted to enter the Twitter handle the save would fail and all the record action options (ie. Save, apply, cancel) would get grayed out forcing me to reload the page.

I finally managed to enter the Twitter handle but only in the format of @twitter_handle and now I am again unable to edit that record to delete the @. It will not let me save it.

What may be happening and is there a way to force more comprehensive logging or error reporting?

V.

I’d like some help with this.

Social integration really does not work. There are no errors even in my newly set up php error log.

I managed to get Google+ to pull up some information on my own account, but it was for an entirely random person that shares my first name. Nothing to do with me. Even when I use a numeric ID for my Google+ account, or my custom URL. It makes no difference. I close the wrong profile, reload and get the same wrong profile.

So presently:

Twitter integration is broken - confirmed, bug scheduled to be fixed “in the next version”
Facebook is broken - unconfirmed, silent error - nothing logged anywhere and no output of any kind on the screen
Google+ is broken - unconfirmed, pulls up random profile that matches the users’s first name, and does not give up regardless of what other Google+ account is entered into the Google+ social profile field.

From past (and unfortunately current experience with other software) may I suggest that you slow down on the feature creep and make sure that everything works first? Also (from an overly entitled, ignorant, ungrateful end user with too much free time on his hands that does not understand the effort involved in writing a complex piece of software that is released on a FREE(!) license), please revise your version numbering. This is not a 1.x release. At best, from what I can see in my testing at the moment, you may be at a 0.9 point.

V.

Is there any information as to what social plugins are currently working? What is being worked on? When they might be working?

I’m new to Mautic, but when trying to set up the twitter plugin ( as per instructions here: http://bit.ly/22n23OI ) it doesn’t pull in any information in to the leads social tab.

Thanks

HI, I am experiencing the same issue. I have enabled the plugins but when I go to the leads profile I get this error “No Social Profiles Found
Click here to search for social media profiles based on lead’s available profile data. (Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager).”
Can you please help?

Same here - social profiles enables using correct app details - and getting

“Click here to search for social media profiles based on contact’s available profile data.”

Any help please

doesnt work and no one from Mautic replies to these “Social help” tickets… It would be great to get some solid advise on how to use the social in some way

Here is what comes up and when social tab is clicked and javascript does not do anything.

[b][i]No Social Profiles Found

Click here to search for social media profiles based on contact’s available profile data. (Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager).
[/i][/b]

same here!

[quote]No Social Profiles Found
Click here to search for social media profiles based on contact’s available profile data. (Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager).[/quote]

Hi guys … here too the plumb way … already tried everything, the app works … more on mautic anything work … is that in the new version that will be released next week can have any news about it?

@MxyzptlkFishStix, You could make it work?

Can someone at Mautic officially say whether or not social integration work or not? Instead of everybody wasting their time trying to configure them? I am having the same problem as @vmajor

Has anybody made this work? There are lots of people here saying it doesn’t work and nobody who says it does.

My Twitter, Facebook and Google+ plugins all seem to authorise OK but I get nothing in the lead’s Social Tab or in Channels > Social Monitoring.

Mautic team?

After further investigation this does work - really:

Thanks to @alanhartless for the following info. on Slack:

I then revisited my Twitter api account, opened up all the permissions, turned Twitter off and on again in Mautic and reauthorised and all of a sudden I had access to Twitter in the Lead’s Social tab. Note: this is visible only after editing each lead.

To make Channels > Social Monitoring work I then needed to set up the appropriate cron job (thanks @jordan8037310 for this)

*/5 * * * * /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /path/to/httpdocs/app/console mautic:social:monitoring --env=prod > /dev/null

Now on to Facebook…

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm