How do I get Social media integration to work?

I created a test account on mautic.com and added a user who I know has a number of social media accounts.

Under lead Social it says Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager.

When I go to settings Manage Addons it shows Social media integrations, however when I click on them it says

“social media integration must be enabled”, however I do not see where to enable it.

Thanks

Glenn

I created a test account on mautic.com and added a user who I know has a number of social media accounts.
Under lead Social it says Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager.
When I go to settings Manage Addons it shows Social media integrations, however when I click on them it says
“social media integration must be enabled”, however I do not see where to enable it.

Thanks
Glenn

Hi Glenn!

You can enable the addon by clicking the orange circle with the x. Published items will have a green circle with a check.

http://cl.ly/image/2q0W14391T06

It will take a few seconds after toggling a published status as Symfony’s cache has to be cleared and rebuilt. So wait till the page refreshes and then you’ll see the Social networks listed under Manage Integrations.

Thanks!
Alan

Thanks Alan,

I saw the orange circle with the x and I was nervous that that may indicate delete.
OK so I clicked it and setup Twitter.
It is now published with a check next to Twitter. I am assuming Client Id is my twitter client ID and Client Secret is my password but not sure. Under features I enabled everything.
Unfortunately, when I go to a contact that I know has a Twitter account and I am following it still says No Social Profiles Found.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Sorry, one of my high priorities for next week is to get all this in the documentation.

First, in order for Twitter to communicate with it’s API, you have to setup an “App” at https://apps.twitter.com. After logging in, click “Create New App” and fill in the details. The callback URL is displayed in the Twitter integration modal window in Mautic (it’ll be something like http://mysite.com/addon/integrations/oauth2callback/Twitter). After saving, you’ll see a consumer key (api key) and a link “manage keys and access tokens”. Click on that link then copy and paste the consumer key and consumer secret to the corresponding Twitter integration configuration fields in Mautic (client ID and client secret; I’ll make sure the verbiage matches for the next release). Finally click “Authorize.” A popup should appear asking you to login to Twitter. Login and grant access. Mautic should be configured to use Twitter’s API.

Now, go to Leads -> Manage Fields and create a new field. You can call it whatever you want but just make sure the alias is twitter. Go to your lead, populate the new twitter field with their twitter handle and save. You should now see their twitter profile.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Alan

Hello,

Just installed Mautic last night. Trying to get the social integration to work. I successfully authorized apps for twitter and facebook. I also created a field with twitter and the alias and another with facebook as the alias. I entered my email address associated with FB as a lead and another entry with the email address associated with my twitter profile as a test. It does not seem to be working. I am getting this message instead:

No Social Profiles Found
Click here to search for social media profiles based on lead’s available profile data. (Social networks must be configured in the Integration Manager).

I click it but it is not pulling anything back. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

PS: I populated the field with my twitter handle and it is still not calling the function… But the thing is I would like to be able to pull the profile with the email address associated with the email address. I may not know the twitter handle of a lead but if they enter their email address I would like to be able to pull up everything associated with them on all of the social networks that they have may profiles on. I’ll watch my email for a reply. Any help on this is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

-Chris

PS: Apologies for updating this post again. Would just like to note that when I mouse over the link indicating that there is no social profile I appear to be getting a javascript error javascript: void (0); … Hope that helps whomever is reading this understand what is going on and potentially provide a fix. Thanks again!

Hi Chris,

Reading back, I think I missed a step in my previous instructions; I apologize for that. So back on the integration settings modal for Twitter and Facebook, after you authorize, go to the features tab and check “Display public profile and enable profile to lead field matching” and “Display public activity.” Then on the Lead Field Mapping tab, match up the few fields we can get from those two social networks with the lead fields in Mautic.

As for using email, unfortunately, neither Twitter or Facebook allow us to search directly by email for privacy concerns. So the only way we can for sure match up a user is to require their handles. Trust me, we tried to get it to work for email but kept hitting roadblocks due to API limitations. :slight_smile: Only Google Plus allowed us to search by email.

Thanks,
Alan

Hi,

Great work with Mautic. Thrilled. :slight_smile:

I am trying to install the social integration. I activated it clicking the orange cross mark. I am trying to install facebook and twitter integrations into the site and I am just getting a infinite processing bar for both.

Any workaround for this one?

Shravani

Hello,
Any update on this possible? Please?

Shravani

Hi Shravani,

I apologize for the delayed response.

What version of Mautic are you using? If using beta3, can you try to update to beta4 (https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/87-1-0-0-beta4-released). If already using beta4, can you check app/logs/mautic_dev.php and see if there are any errors related to integrations and/or addons there?

Thanks,
Alan

Hi,
Sorry for the late response. I didnt check the page until much later.

We are trying with 1.0.2 version. Is that good to go with the social?

Shravani

Hi,
I think we got the integrations to work. I am wondering if it is possible to post on all platforms (Fb, Twitter, pinterest etc) from one centralised platform in mautic.

As always, great job!

Shravani

I vote for this too.! :slight_smile:

[quote=1011:Shravani90]Hi,
I think we got the integrations to work. I am wondering if it is possible to post on all platforms (Fb, Twitter, pinterest etc) from one centralised platform in mautic.

As always, great job!

Shravani[/quote]

hey guys …
are you wanting to post direct messages to leads on social platforms
eg. “@bob hope you are enjoying field12. check out asset5 to help with zzz”

• or -
    are you just wanting a place to schedule social posts, to view against the calendar of upcoming emails?

If you can explain exactly what you are after, can look at getting something moving.

I’m struggling to get the twitter integration to work and (having followed the instructions above) when i seek to authorise the app I get an error message : Authorisation failed with the error message, ‘Missing required parameter: grant_type’

Do you know what I need to do?

Hi Wbuist:

Can you upgrade to Mautic 1.0.4 (released today!) and try again to authenticate twitter? We made some major changes to twitter authentication which should hopefully fix that issue.

Getting the same error- ‘Missing required parameter: grant_type’
Trying out on the hosted version.

I’d like to reply via direct message to leads on the various social networks. I see it’s possible via Twitter but don’t see the same options for Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.

Also, wondering if it’s possible to assign points to a lead for social media actions such as sending a retweet?

[quote=1016:MaxOnTheHill]hey guys …
are you wanting to post direct messages to leads on social platforms
eg. “@bob hope you are enjoying field12. check out asset5 to help with zzz”

• or -
    are you just wanting a place to schedule social posts, to view against the calendar of upcoming emails?

If you can explain exactly what you are after, can look at getting something moving.[/quote]

I have both twitter and facebook share/tweet buttons working. In Twitter it seems the lead field mapping is available, but no info on how that maps… Would you please provide specific instructions on how to setup “Lead Field Mapping” to the Mautic lead fields. I’ve matched from the lead field mapping tab, but what triggers the mapping? Tweet button in a landing page? Please describe what needs to be done, do I use a “landing page”, or a “form”, what are the basics, prerequisites … steps … if the lead fields are there I’m assuming this feature works.
Thanks,

Please Help about my Forum: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/4616-social-link-enable-in-custom-html-template/