How to create this campaign scenario?

Dear members
How to create the following scenario if possible?
1- The campaign is triggering when a new contact is imported to segment X
2- He receives an email immediately, if opened add points, if not opened wait 3 days and send a new email

Thanks all for the help

Hi!

Create a new campaign, where the source is the segment:

Choose an action called Send email.

Choose to send right away, and select the email you need:

Click: +ADD!

Now we will make a decision to see if the person opened the email:

Choose opens the email:

You can name this decision if you want. But you can also leave it as it is.

Click +ADD.

Now your path has a YES and NO leg.

Choose the NO and add sending email.

Now you can select how long the decision will be waiting by defining when to send the email:

Click +ADD!

Now click on the YES leg and add Adjust Contact’s points:

Now define how many points you want to add (or substract):

Good job, your final campaign looks like this:

2 Likes

Hi Joey

Wow nice explanation.

Please assist with a step by step guide of how to create a campaign from scratch, using contacts on segment (10 000 contacts as an example).

The newsletter is created from a blank template.

I am new here and trying to get a campaign going to list.

Sending emails already configured on Mautic by my server host.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Hi,
A campaign from scratch? What do you want to achieve? Send emails?
What is your goal?
Btw: what do you mean by emails are configured by server host? Will they use their own IP range?
Thx,
Joey

Thank you for your reply,

My aim is to send emails to a list of opt in clients that i have already added on contacts in mautic. We are sending newsletters being invitations to attend conferences that we organise.

Lastly (configured by server host) i meant to say that my details on email settings have already been set up on mautic.

your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Okay, I’m a bit confused. This is exactly I showed you in the step by step tutorial above.
Let me know if I misunderstood something.
Joey

Hi Joey

I’m more or less in the same situation.

Screenshot_2021-01-17 New Campaign Mautic

My scenario is as follows:

1. Send an e-mail immediately.
  2. If a contact opens, then add the tag: read
  3. Wait for 10 days.
  4. Resend e-mail to those who do not have the tag: read
  5. If a contact opens, then add the tag: read
  6. Wait for 20 days.
  7. Resend e-mail to those who do not have the tag: read.
  8. Automation ends

I seem to get stuck on step 3, since there is no option to check if the contact has read as a tag and then not to send the e-mail.

Also, is there a material difference between WAIT FOR 3 DAYS and WITHIN 3 DAYS?

Cheers

Hi Joey, I have an issue with a campaign I set up a similarly and hope that you can help me figure out whats going on.

I trigger my campaign with a segment, send the first mail and then I used a decision to check if they open the mail or not.
On the positive leg I add some points with a waiting period of 1 day and then an action to send mail 2.
This mail should wait 5 days and should be sent only on weekdays and at a certain range of hours, but the mails are being sent on the very next day.
On the negative leg I just jump to the next event (with a waiting period of 1 day) which is sending mail 2.

So in total each mail should be going out every 6 to 8 days depending if its a weekday but right now they are being send daily.

On another note, I put my email as a test and I only received the first mail. All of the others, even though Mautic says they were sent, are not on any inbox tray.

Any idea helps! thanks (:

Hello @perla29 !
I noticed on 2.16.3 similar behaviour as well. After changing email sending timing to an hour restriction the value was not saved. Can you delete this step, re-add it and try again plz.
Other than that - I need to see the campaign, so reach out to me in a PM if it doesn’t work out.
Joey

I finally have got the hang of it, its indeed exactly as you showed, am getting some were now. Thanks Once again