How will Mautic work together with Wordpress

As I came across this wonderful Open Source marketing automation, I am checking the possibilities how Mautic can work together with Wordpress.

I read about the integration plugin and the tracking pixel. https://www.mautic.org/blog/wordpress/

But I wonder about the url settings for the landing pages. And about the option to track and gather leads from multiple Wordpress installations.

For what I understand:

Mautic will be running from domain X and have its own URL’s

My Wordpress sites will be running on domains Y, Z,… with the added Mautic pixel/plugin

Mautic will collect one big database of leads,…

Mautic will be able to create landingpages on its domain X

But will Mautic also be able to create langingpages on doamin Y, Z,…?

Or is it best to instal Mautic on a subdomain for each website?

As I came across this wonderful Open Source marketing automation, I am checking the possibilities how Mautic can work together with Wordpress.
I read about the integration plugin and the tracking pixel. https://www.mautic.org/blog/wordpress/
But I wonder about the url settings for the landing pages. And about the option to track and gather leads from multiple Wordpress installations.

For what I understand:
Mautic will be running from domain X and have its own URL’s
My Wordpress sites will be running on domains Y, Z,… with the added Mautic pixel/plugin
Mautic will collect one big database of leads,…
Mautic will be able to create landingpages on its domain X

But will Mautic also be able to create langingpages on doamin Y, Z,…?
Or is it best to instal Mautic on a subdomain for each website?

Hi, great questions and it works exactly as you described.

If you want to use WP, there is no need to use Mautic Landing Pages. Or is there?

Using global Mautic or multiple Mautic instances depends on your needs. If all those WP websites are related, for example are dedicated to one product or service or company, then it will be useful to have all leads in one Mautic. If those websites are not related, then I’d install Mautic on a subdomain of each WP.

It is possible to separate leads within one Mautic into Lead Lists, so you can work with them separately, but there is only one global point scale.

Thanks for the answer, this clarify.

Can Leads be separated based on the pages/urls visited? I couldn’t see a “page url” filter in the lead lists filters.
Is there any way to accomplish this? Thanks

Is the WP Mautic plugin compatible with latest WP releases?

It works for me on WP 4.3

Thanks for confirming, Radek.

@Autom8

Yes, there is a Campaign Decision called “Visits a page” where you can specify URL which a lead visits and then add actions like “Modify lead’s list” to add them to the right smart list.

Thanks for the response @escopecz .

However , I was wondering if there’s a way to segregate the leads into different lists(smart lists) based on the url/site they visited. Like, a filter on “page url” in the smart lists feature, before getting into Campaigns?

Hi there,

So how does it works if we have a WP on www.main-domain.com and another one into a sub-directory like :
www.main-domain.com/marketing

Can I install only one Mautic, and Mautic WP plugin on maindomain.com and maindomain.com/marketing will both drive leads in the same Mautic installation ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

@daroche All MA are install in a subdomain event the big guys I have all my Mautic install in subdomain or sub-directory without problems.

Is very recommend install Mautic in a Subdomain or Subdirectory