Likert Scales and Topic Points

My idea is: To add a new question type to forms (Matrix style Likert Scales) and tabulate points for a certain topic (in addition to the overall points for a contact)

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: People who want to market each of their specific products seperately and gauge the interest of their contacts in each product.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: These new form options could make it easier to gauge interest in a few different products and generate a topic point score.

Any code or resources to support this idea: I have created a mock-up of the idea I have in mind, using Google Forms. Here is the link: https://forms.gle/S7j4MijdyPjAYwng7
In this example, let’s say I have a website where I sell onlne courses and products related to pets. In this form, I ask people for their e-mail (to link their answers to my contact database, if they have already answered before) then I ask them questions relating to my two types of products. The first 4 questions in the Likert Scale and the follow up question at the end of the form (where I ask about money spent on their pet) both point to contact interest in high ticket products for pets. To get an overall quick view of the person’s interest in this type of product, I want to sum up their responses to each question. Note that “My pet just needs the basics, nothing fancy” should be negatively coded, meaning it would reduce points for the topic point score. Then the remaining questions are to measure interest in my other product, an online course about how to care for and train pets. Again, there is a negatively coded question, “I already know a lot about training my pet”. In the follow-up question about pet’s age, the older the pet, the lower the score, because there is likely to be more interest in a training course if the pet is younger.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I am happy to beta test, but I am not much of a programmer.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? I think I need some coding for the Likert Scale option and some database querying for the topic point score.

Hi, I was extensively testing a solution, which is a workaround, but it seems to work pretty well.
I’ll make a video and post it here.

Wow, thanks for following up on this post! I had almost forgotten about it. I’m very curious to see your workaround.

@joeyk did you get around to creating that eventually? Don’t think I’ve seen it on your channel, but it would be extremely useful.

My solution is pointless, because Mautic 5 has point groups.