Mailchimp integration on hosted version with Free plan

Hi everyone,

I’ve been experimenting with Mautic in the last few days and I’m trying to understand to which exent it integrates with the mktg tools I’m already using. I have tried to configure the Mailchimp integration with little to no success. I am using the hosted version of Mautic with a free profile.

I enabled, and published, the integration from the “plug-in” section on Mautic’s settings. I went through the OAuth2 flow to authorize the app and everything seemed to be working at a first glance. The interaction between the integration Mailchimp allowed me to choose to which list leads should be pushed, and to map the Mautic’s fields to Mailchimp ones. Finally, I selected the “push to integration” option as an action of one of my forms and applied my changes.

As a consequence, I expected new subscribers to be added to the list whenever the form was completed, but unfortunately none of the above happened. Oddly enough, I can’t even see the Mautic integration among authorized apps from my Mailchimp settings.

Is this due to some limitation since I’m using a free profile? On the pricing page I read that with a Pro plan up to 5 integrations are available, but it says nothing about integration being (or not being) available with free plans.

p.s. I only found instructions on how to configure Mailchimp integration for self-managed installations of Mautic but this does not apply to what I can edit. I don’t seem to be able to manually configure the integration providing the client ID and secret, nor am I able to get the redirect URL needed to configure the OAuth on Mailchimp side.

This is I think I may be missing some piece of information.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me.

Hi everyone,
I’ve been experimenting with Mautic in the last few days and I’m trying to understand to which exent it integrates with the mktg tools I’m already using. I have tried to configure the Mailchimp integration with little to no success. I am using the hosted version of Mautic with a free profile.

I enabled, and published, the integration from the “plug-in” section on Mautic’s settings. I went through the OAuth2 flow to authorize the app and everything seemed to be working at a first glance. The interaction between the integration Mailchimp allowed me to choose to which list leads should be pushed, and to map the Mautic’s fields to Mailchimp ones. Finally, I selected the “push to integration” option as an action of one of my forms and applied my changes.

As a consequence, I expected new subscribers to be added to the list whenever the form was completed, but unfortunately none of the above happened. Oddly enough, I can’t even see the Mautic integration among authorized apps from my Mailchimp settings.

Is this due to some limitation since I’m using a free profile? On the pricing page I read that with a Pro plan up to 5 integrations are available, but it says nothing about integration being (or not being) available with free plans.
p.s. I only found instructions on how to configure Mailchimp integration for self-managed installations of Mautic but this does not apply to what I can edit. I don’t seem to be able to manually configure the integration providing the client ID and secret, nor am I able to get the redirect URL needed to configure the OAuth on Mailchimp side.

This is I think I may be missing some piece of information.
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me.

You should contact support of the service you are referring to. The open source community doesn’t have access to that service.

Thank you very much for your kind answer!

Please correct me if I’m wrong, you are saying that the cause has nothing to do with the MauticPluginMauticEmailMarketingBundleApiMailchimpApi class, whose subscribeLead method would work as expected, were it not for some issue on the third party service (Mailchimp) which rejects the POST request for some reason.

Did I interpret your sentence correctly?

If we’ll talk here about the open source version only, then you have to create an app in Mailchimp in order to make the integration authorization work. You wrote that you don’t have any app there.

But, if I were you, I’d wait for release of Mautic 1.2.3 where this PR will be:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/1184

which makes the authorization a lot easier. 1.2.3 should be released this week as the progress is at 70% right now:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/milestones

If you’d like to help with PR testing to make the release faster, you can follow these steps:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic#how-to-test-a-pull-request

When 1.2.3 will be released, I prepared documentation for a few integrations. Mailchimp is there as well:

https://github.com/mautic/documentation/pull/21/files

So you should be able to configure it even faster.

Hi @escopecz again thank you for your attention and for the time you spent to help me. Without changing anything, everything is now working. I can’t really figure out why, because I still know very little about how integrations work. The Mautic.com application just appeared by itself among the authorized apps, and leads are now pushed as expected.

Thanks for your support and for developing such a great tool. I’d be glad to be of any help in the testing process, I am quite a lousy PHP developer but if I have any spare time I will try and do something.

Thanks a million!