Marketing concert tickets

Hello,

I am new to Mautic and marketing automation in general. I’ve installed the server software and have it all up and running. I’ve imported a few hundred thousand contacts, now I need to figure out how to market to them.

My company sells tickets. Think of me as a miniature TicketMaster (but with WAAAY lower fees - so don’t shoot me). The venues I sell tickets for are scattered about the country.

I would like to send concert update emails to people who have bought tickets in the past. I’d like to send them an email when an artist they bought tickets for is playing again, when there is a show at a venue they have been to, when there is a concert similar to someone they have seen before, etc…

I need some help determining how to set up Mautic to send automated emails for these types of marketing messages.

Thanks!

Greg

Hello,
I am new to Mautic and marketing automation in general. I’ve installed the server software and have it all up and running. I’ve imported a few hundred thousand contacts, now I need to figure out how to market to them.

My company sells tickets. Think of me as a miniature TicketMaster (but with WAAAY lower fees - so don’t shoot me). The venues I sell tickets for are scattered about the country.

I would like to send concert update emails to people who have bought tickets in the past. I’d like to send them an email when an artist they bought tickets for is playing again, when there is a show at a venue they have been to, when there is a concert similar to someone they have seen before, etc…

I need some help determining how to set up Mautic to send automated emails for these types of marketing messages.

Thanks!
Greg

The way I’d do it would be to add customers to segments as a form action, and then write your emails as a direct email (rather than a campaign email) and send the email to whichever customers it applies to. So you could have a mailing list segment, a ‘saw artist x’ segment, etc, and customers could be in whichever segments apply to them.

Assuming you’re using something like PayPal to process customer payments, this guide will be useful - you can send your customer details from there to a Mautic form:
https://medium.com/@jan_linhart/the-simplest-way-how-to-submit-a-form-data-to-mautic-1454d3afd005

Thanks for the reply. How could I automate the response? Let’s take one specific example:

1. customer buys a ticket for a venue in a specific zip code
  2. customer data is entered into Mautic and the zip code of the venue is attached to their contact (how do I do this?)
  3. when I post a new event within a 100 mile radius of that zip code, an email is sent which has details of that event.

Is this possible to automate?

I’m an artist and was looking for a similar solution. How can you make a segment that is based on a radius around a zipcode so that we can notify people nearby about an upcoming show?

I don’t think segments are the answer here.

I think you need to run an automated campaign that:

1. Looks at peoples locations, and the locations of upcoming shows and manages eligibility from there. I’m still pondering how best to do this.
  2. Uses dynamic content to swap in details for the right show for the right person.

Segments would be a (partially) valid approach if you wanted to define people as liking shows in a particular genre.