Marketing Team Meeting Notes 4th Feb 2020

Welcome to the team meeting @here! If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :slightly_smiling_face:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - let us know who you are, where you’re based and a bit about your interests in helping the Marketing team

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hi folks, I’m Ruth and I’m based in the UK, currently the Community Manager. I’ve got a marketing background and I’m keen to see the team get up and running to start spreading the word more widely about Mautic!
Nico Grienauer (he/him) I'm Nico From Vienna, Since 2005 in the Drupal CMS Area and since 2009 Board Member from Drupal Austria. I help to spread Open Source Software and develop it further. I am Founder of acolono.com a company with 10 Employees specialized in Drupal, Styleguides, Audits/analytics/metrics.

1️⃣ Review meetings/actions from last meeting

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Apologies for the delay in posting, here they are: https://forum.mautic.org/t/marketing-team-meeting-notes-28th-january-2020/12576

1️⃣ . :one: Social media promo on free shipping

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We had a few purchases as result of the promo, so I think it might be worth keeping an eye on the promos that Spreadshirt run and perhaps any time there’s a free shipping offer we can repeat the messaging. The more folk we have sharing Mautic the better!

1️⃣ . 2️⃣ Article on dev/staging setup to support M3 launch

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I reached out to the folk at @autoize and Jackie has written a first draft :tada:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’m going to review that today and hopefully we will be ready to go for the launch date. Thanks so much for stepping up to help with this @autoize!

1️⃣ . 3️⃣ Documenting decision making processes with a PACSI matrix (edited)

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) This is next on my to do list and I know it’s kinda boring, but it would be good for us to make explicit how we make decisions, who needs to be informed or consulted and so forth.

1️⃣ . 4️⃣ Supporting the Mautic 2/3 release with a marketing campaign

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I believe this week should see the M3 beta, and we have M2.16 in beta also. We need to plan the marketing around the release of these two when they hit stable.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) It would tie in perfectly if we can also launch the product roadmap which @dbhurley is working on, so that we can set expectations, and give people a clear understanding of what’s coming in the future, what our release cycle is, and what that means for their business.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’d like us to ensure that we include messaging appropriate to all personas - My first stab at putting together some personas is mostly in my head but this might be a project/task in itself. The ones I think we need to consider are:Businesses using Mautic, Agencies and freelancers who are providing services on Mautic, Users (e.g. administrators) of Mautic, People who are looking for marketing automation who don’t know about MauticPeople who are looking at Mautic as a potential solution

1️⃣ . 5️⃣ Update on mautic.org rebuild

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Nothing to report so far, the work in this sprint is on the Discourse integration and Auth0 support, so it’s more of an ‘under the hood’ sprint. The Discourse work is going to be contributed back to the Drupal community as a contributed project which is great :slightly_smiling_face:

1️⃣ . 6️⃣ Mautic instance for the community

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) As discussed in earlier meetings, we’re going ahead with a twin instance set up on the Acquia cloud hosting. We’ll have one as a staging environment, and one as a production environment, with Maestro allowing us to move things between the two.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I need to identify the community members who would like to be involved in managing this and administrating campaigns on a day to day basis, so we can all go through the onboarding and introduction/setup/configuration. If you would like to help with this, please comment on this thread. Excited to get going!

2️⃣ Report from FOSDEM

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I spent this weekend at FOSDEM in Brussels. If you haven’t heard of it before, it’s the biggest gathering of Open Source folk in Europe - fosdem.org.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We had a stand on Saturday in the main theatre building, and I was literally busy all day from 0830 through to 1930hrs talking to people about Mautic, marketing automation and so forth.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I met several contributors and users of Mautic who were super excited to see us there (not sure if we’ve had a presence in the past) but the vast majority of people had either never heard of Marketing Automation, never thought to look for an Open Source marketing platform because they didn’t know one existed, and most had never come across Mautic.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We definitely need to have some kind of ‘what is marketing automation’ 101 resource to be able to point people toward.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think we could do some work on raising awareness of personalisation, digital experience and how Mautic fits in the scheme of things.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The folk I did talk to largely fit into two buckets. Super excited, fascinated and really could see the value of Mautic - or put off by their experience being personalised and not wanting to hand over their data at all. So two aspects to think on.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Also had some feature requests which I posted on the forums.

3️⃣ Create a pitch deck for Mautic

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I had some discussions with @Radu about this as they were interested in helping to produce materials like this to support when people are pitching Mautic
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Here’s the Trello card with more details: https://trello.com/c/orRsDTDU/10-create-a-pitch-deck-for-mautic
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Ideally this should be done on Google Slides so that we can clone and translate once it’s completed, and we can work collaboratively. @Radu let me know if you need any help getting going - here’s the Google Drive folder to use: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Llv6RODlqESLPUQdGg0aBgDR62abRvOh?usp=sharing - if anyone else would like to contribute please join the Trello card!
Radu can you invite me on rzl@webmecanik.com?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Invite you to what? The Google Drive folder is open and public
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) https://trello.com/invite/mauticcommunity/7141ad265fef10a78b6573cadf1d42b8 here’s the team invite link, but that is public too so you should just be able to join it :slightly_smiling_face: Hope that works!
Radu Can't see any file inside
Radu got it. I'll work on it as of Monday
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Fab, please shout in the event that you need anything from us. mautic.org/about/logos-and-graphics should have all the logos and colours to use for our brand

4️⃣ Appointing an interim team lead & assistant team lead

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We need to appoint an interim team lead & assistant team lead for a term of 6 months to get us up and running until we do formal elections. If you’d like to help grow and lead this team please indicate in this thread!
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Still looking for two people to step up as interim team lead and assistant team lead - don’t let impostor syndrome stand in the way! It’s for a period of six months
Radu I can probably do the interim lead if you let me know what implies
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) That would be great @Radu - as a starting point it would involve running the meetings in this team, and overseeing the projects that are running/supporting the folk doing those projects. Also helping to bring more people into the team and contributing, and working with the other team leads/myself and DB on bigger picture stuff.

5️⃣ Any other business

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), Nico Grienauer (he/him), Radu