Mass Update Contact Tags

My idea is: To add option “Change Tags” in the mass update on Contacts (see image)

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:

Some tags should be synonymous with a segment, and should always parallel it, ie. Tag not present = Contact not in Segment, and vice versa.

I find myself in a circumstance where Contacts can be added manually to a Segment but without the synonymous Tag, and the only way a Contact will naturally go into the Segment is with the Tag. So some contacts in the Segment have the Tag, while others do not have the Tag.

It would be helpful to have the option to manually mass-update the Tags of several Contacts at once.

Hopefully this is not a huge ask. And if there’s a smarter way of using Mautic to avoid this circumstance, please share!

Thanks,

EP

1 Like

You could do this via a campaign, just create a segment with all users or the selected user u need.
Add the action change tags

1 Like

Yes, it can be done that way, but it demands 10x more time than having a simple drop down menu on Contacts list.

1 Like

You aren’t wrong. I have learned to navigate around this and actually use Mautic a bit differently now. Selecting multiple contacts is a bit “manual” and I find that much more commonly, contacts are modified/tagged through campaigns and other workflows.

Still, if there’s a way to edit multiple contacts’ segment membership at a time, intuition says there should be a tag option as well.

EP