Mautic 1.41 still freezes on save

Guys,

I have a properly installed instance of Mautic, where my host server meets all the necessary specifications for it to run. However, there is still a problem with it being unable to save changes in the settings, which renders the soft unusable. Mautic simply freezes at the infamous “Please wait” popup.

Now, I’ve seen other threads discussing this problem, but either none of the solutions worked (reinstallation; disabling ModSecurity), or they were related to coding, which I can’t handle well.

I had my admin peek around in my subdomain settings, MySQL databases, and in server logs, but he was still unable to find the issue that’s stopping Mautic from saving. He asked me to discuss it with the insiders here, and I have some log code he suggested could be valuable to you:

[Thu Jun 16 12:47:55 2016] [error] [client 194.181.108.164] Premature end of script headers: php-fcgi-5.4.default, referer: http://bunker.webd.pl/mautic/s/config/edit

[Thu Jun 16 12:48:07 2016] [error] mod_fcgid: process /home/php-fastcgi/bunker/php-fcgi-5.4.default(3818) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

I am fully available to anyone willing to help, as I’m dying to solve this. I need Mautic as much as you guys. Can someone please make it work?

Guys, For me this issue seems to be directly related to the sizes and complexity of my campaign. I seem to have found a limit on the number or complexity of the campaign.

On another thread I asked the question why I was unable to save the campaign successfully. Now, after re configuring the campaign to a much simper configuration, Mautic seems to behave as intended. The actual crossover in the conversations can lead to confusion as it appears more than one thing has the potential to cause a similar reaction…

For Me, Simplifying the campaign was the answer.

@MxyzptlkFishStix Thanks for being so helpful. Honestly? I absolutely don’t know how to get you those. But I found a way around:

I’ve changed my host to another one on DirectAdmin panel where I can adjust PHP settings. Everything’s smooth sailing now, and Mautic is able to save again. My theory: if you have problems with saving config on 1.4.1, it’s probably your host’s fault, but they won’t admit that.

@MxyzptlkFishStix I did a PHP test on my Mautic subdomain - PHP’s version is 5.5.26

@healthstatus That’s good it works for you. I’m not a coder, so I can’t do much.

@escopecz Unless you would be kind enough to suggest anything else, I might just change my host and test Mautic again.

I can show you my PHP validation tests, but the image is huge.

I increased the the values in my.cnf (for mysql)
max_allowed_packet =
wait_timeout =

to more than they were and this has resolved some of my similar issues.

@healthstatus Bro, could you please tell me how could I do this? How do I edit MySQL settings from inside of my Cpanel?

@toader, sorry not familiar with cpanel and MySQL configuration, maybe someone else can help, or Google.

I searched for the error message in Google and this is the first answer:

It was a file permission issue.

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17583341/error-500-premature-end-of-script-headers

If it’s not a permission issue, try other Google searches. It shouldn’t be a Mautic issue since thousands other people doesn’t have this issue.

@escopecz Thank you for hopping in so fast. Please note I’m not trying to blame anyone here.

With all respect, but I’ve already browsed other threads and set the permissions correctly for every single folder and file down from /mautic to /cache and /config. Mautic still freezes upon save. The installation is correct, as confirmed by my Admin. Should I downgrade?

I’m not a coder, but perhaps you could get some kind of logs from me to examine this but? That would be my first semi-contribution to GitHub, I guess :slight_smile:

@MxyzptlkFishStix This might be a thing - thanks. But my admin says the server is already on PHP 5.5.26. Does anyone have proper PHP config settings for Mautic?

@MxyzptlkFishStix There isn’t a reason to change PHP (version 5.4.24), as my admin confirmed it’s sufficient for Mautic.

@Rich Well, the symptoms are quite the same. Browser cleaning doesn’t help either - I have auto cache clearing set on as soon as I open mine. It has to be something in the soft that’s whack.

Can somebody please get @escopecz here? I think this might be a bug without a valid solution for now.

Interesting, I have recently encountered a similar problem, but not exactly the same. I find Mautic began to freeze while working on a new campaign. I had worked for a couple of hours and had most of the campaign implemented when I noticed that when I closed the builder ( save the current work) things just hung and the spinning wheel went round and round.

Now I can not make any changes to that campaign and I do not want to experiment with editing a working campaign because I have no idea what has caused this problem. Bear in mind I have been running Mautic for about 6 months and am on the latest version so it is odd that this would crop up now.

I have done all the browser cache cleaning, app cache cleaning and used 3 different browsers so I am convinved something happened to Mautic or that campaign buit I have no idea what.

Guys,

I have a properly installed instance of Mautic, where my host server meets all the necessary specifications for it to run. However, there is still a problem with it being unable to save changes in the settings, which renders the soft unusable. Mautic simply freezes at the infamous “Please wait” popup.

Now, I’ve seen other threads discussing this problem, but either none of the solutions worked (reinstallation; disabling ModSecurity), or they were related to coding, which I can’t handle well.

I had my admin peek around in my subdomain settings, MySQL databases, and in server logs, but he was still unable to find the issue that’s stopping Mautic from saving. He asked me to discuss it with the insiders here, and I have some log code he suggested could be valuable to you:

[Thu Jun 16 12:47:55 2016] [error] [client 194.181.108.164] Premature end of script headers: php-fcgi-5.4.default, referer: http://bunker.webd.pl/mautic/s/config/edit
[Thu Jun 16 12:48:07 2016] [error] mod_fcgid: process /home/php-fastcgi/bunker/php-fcgi-5.4.default(3818) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

I am fully available to anyone willing to help, as I’m dying to solve this. I need Mautic as much as you guys. Can someone please make it work?

Have you try use another browser?