Mautic crashing - RAM requirements?

Hi all,

I’ve set up and installed Mautic on a GoDaddy VPS, I’m trying to set up some workflows but I’m continually getting Mautic crashing on me. We’ve set the RAM at 512 - up from 32! Still crashing in Chrome though. My VPS details are below - is this an isolated case or what is the RAM requirement to get it functioning?

Operating System: CentOS 6

RAM: 2 GB

Total Disk Space: 60 GB

Bandwidth Quota: 2000 GB

Quota Used: 2 GB

Hi all,

I’ve set up and installed Mautic on a GoDaddy VPS, I’m trying to set up some workflows but I’m continually getting Mautic crashing on me. We’ve set the RAM at 512 - up from 32! Still crashing in Chrome though. My VPS details are below - is this an isolated case or what is the RAM requirement to get it functioning?

Operating System: CentOS 6
RAM: 2 GB
Total Disk Space: 60 GB
Bandwidth Quota: 2000 GB
Quota Used: 2 GB

Hi

I actually just set up Mautic on a Digital Ocean VPS with these specs:

ram: 512mb
Total disk: 20gb
Bandwidth: 2tb

I had been running on a localhost and mautic was super slow for me, but this VPS is flying fast.

Can you post some of your other specs? LAMP setup, php version, web server, etc… ?

Are you experiencing a lot of traffic on your pages? It could be that GoDaddy is not behaving well or that you’re simply getting pounded with traffic .

Hi - good to hear yours is fast.

On my WHM I can see the following info:

Apache Version 2.4
PHP Version 5.5

php config is default but I’v increased memory_limit to 512M

I have about 6 websites on the GoDaddy server but none getting more than 100 visitors a day so minimal traffic. I can find out more info from my WHM but might need some help by being told where I can find it as Im not all that familiar with it.

Any ideas what I could do to optimise?

Thanks!

Leave GoDaddy.

Worst. Webhost. Ever.

Thanks. May have to - in the meantime any other ideas?

Hi Sway

So the typical thing to do here is to use some command line tools and find out what’s going on. Let’s start with some basics first though:

1. You say its crashing - what exactly does crashing mean to you? Is this just a white page with nothing on it? (Eg: timeout?). Or are there errors involved? Or is this purely your browser having an issue because of some javascript going crazy and breaking things?

2. You mentioned chrome … is this issue happening or not happening in another browser? In theory Mautic should behave pretty much the same in any browser unless there’s some sort of javascript bug that is hurting things that only one browser is hitting.

3. I didn’t catch which version of Mautic you’re running. Assuming v 1.0.1 but, can you just confirm?

4. Error logs: Mautic: Check out app/logs/mautic_prod.php for any errors. Be careful to remove anything related to your database like usernames or passwords.

Finally if all that checks out, some command line things:

Using a tool called ‘top’, or ‘htop’ (built into linux) you should be able to find what processes are burning your memory and processing power usage.

You can use some of these commands to help figure out what is happening when things on your server are running:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4802481/how-to-see-top-processes-by-actual-memory-usage

You should look specifically at CPU and memory usage to see what is spiking and consuming those resources. It might be php / apache which are running your web services, or it may be some other processes running you’re not aware of. Check that and let us know what you find out.

Cloudatcost.com has a 50% off promo.

4 Xeon vCPU
1 public IP
2GB ECC RAM
40GB SSD
100 Mbit Network
3TB monthly transfer

$70/one time purchase

Thanks for replies. Turns out it’s a browser issue.

Chrome isn’t working well, even when I disable extensions etc. its way too laggy to use. I’ve installed a fresh version of Firefox (no extensions) and it works beautifully.

Whew! :slight_smile: That is good to hear it’s not us, sorry to hear about Chrome though!

Thanks,
David

haha…
Yesterday I added 4 Gb of extra RAM on my PC, only for Chrome to run it smoothly.

Hi guys,
This topic is becoming kind of a frequent question lately, so I’ve made a small guide…