Mautic with 1M records

Hello,

I’m testing mautic with a database containing about 1 million of leads and about 7 million of page hits.

Have you got some things I could do to improve performance? I have a 4cpu 8gb ram vps.

I know that there is a function for cleaning old data but we need to maintain them.

Thanks in advamce

Hello,
I’m testing mautic with a database containing about 1 million of leads and about 7 million of page hits.
Have you got some things I could do to improve performance? I have a 4cpu 8gb ram vps.

I know that there is a function for cleaning old data but we need to maintain them.

Thanks in advamce

I know of at least one Mautic installation with 100M records, so it can scale. Don’t have a clue on what hardware, OS tweaks, web server configs, and database server magic was required for it to be usable at that scale. All depends on the workload.

Regardless:

• 8GB of RAM sounds really really small, do you have a typo?
  • What are your hardware specifications?
  • Why a VPS and not bare metal?
  • What are you doing with those leads each day? What is the workload?
  • Do you know the mix of page hits? A these landing pages pages or static images?
  • Have you analyzed the server for bottlenecks? Check out this chart for many useful tools.

I need to make a very serious point of clarification here, that would be “couple million emails sent out per day” not 100M records.

I should not post on the internet when it’s past my bedtime.

@lvocella,
what performance issues are you having? If you define the problem a little more clearly, people will be better able to help you out.

BTW - I’m with @redneckbob, for a DB with well over 8 million records, 8gb sounds low. I presume you are running the DB on the webserver? Maybe separating the two might be a good start?

Cheers
Jo

Hello @lvocella,

Check this guide about Mautic requirements that I’ve just published: