Performance with High Traffic Site

I have a site that gets about a million visitors a month and 6 million page views. I am thinking about linking it with Mautic. I am running a load balanced configuration, with a standalone DB server. I can’t put mautic into the site, but would like to run it as a subdomain on one of the servers. All the servers have their own private backbone, so network speed won’t be an issue, but I am trying to figure how much of a resource hog mautic is before I roll it out. On a typical day I have 3 servers running, my big boy gets about 60% of the traffic, and the two others split the remaining parts for 20% each, all three talk to a single DB server that then gets replicated. It seems that sticking mautic on the biggest server would make the pixel requests local for the majority of visitors. At the same time that would really load up the pipe between that server and the DB. If I put it on a smaller server, then I have some overhead for more of the requests, but little worry about dragging down my site because of CPU cycles.

Can anybody give me insight into how Mautic has performed with a higher volume site, are the bottlenecks more on the DB side, CPU or memory? Do you have any recommendations based on the thumbnail sketch I have put together here?

I have a site that gets about a million visitors a month and 6 million page views. I am thinking about linking it with Mautic. I am running a load balanced configuration, with a standalone DB server. I can’t put mautic into the site, but would like to run it as a subdomain on one of the servers. All the servers have their own private backbone, so network speed won’t be an issue, but I am trying to figure how much of a resource hog mautic is before I roll it out. On a typical day I have 3 servers running, my big boy gets about 60% of the traffic, and the two others split the remaining parts for 20% each, all three talk to a single DB server that then gets replicated. It seems that sticking mautic on the biggest server would make the pixel requests local for the majority of visitors. At the same time that would really load up the pipe between that server and the DB. If I put it on a smaller server, then I have some overhead for more of the requests, but little worry about dragging down my site because of CPU cycles.

Can anybody give me insight into how Mautic has performed with a higher volume site, are the bottlenecks more on the DB side, CPU or memory? Do you have any recommendations based on the thumbnail sketch I have put together here?

This is a tricky question to answer I guess. Its so many factors and the only way for you is to set up your own test system and run the test your self. I dont think anyone can give you a good answer to this question bcs I dont think anyone have measured this scenarios …

As a system administrator, given your site’s traffic specs and assuming you’ll tie in things like Mautic’s tracking pixel or forms at a minimum, I would highly recommend a dedicated web server just for the Mautic installation. Keep in mind also that Mautic uses several cron jobs to process data and depending on how much data those jobs need to run (campaign updates, e-mail processing, etc.) they can get resource intensive (which would affect web traffic hitting the server). Folks have tested Mautic with a few hundred thousand records and things run just fine, it’s just time intensive (as one would expect when processing that much data).

So Mautic itself will hold up to your traffic requirements, but I think your original idea on server balancing might need a little bit of tweaking.

We turned the system on for about an hour and Mautic loaded about 20,000 rows in the database. Our page load speed was impacted, and it really put a load on our secondary DB server (probably would have killed our primary). So before we turn it back on for this bigger site, we will be looking at either a very hefty server that solely runs Mautic (including the DB) or beefing up our secondary DB server to handle more connections and having a good sized, server with minimal load to serve the pixel and manage all the campaign components. Please don’t take this as a negative review, just know that you are not going to service a bigger site with leftover CPU cycles, you are using almost as many resources for Mautic to serve your site, as your site is using to serve your visitors.

Hello, are there any news for Mautic on High Traffic Pages? I currently have up to 2 million pageviews and want to integrate the Tracking on every page.
Currently Mautic runs on an dedicated maschine to protect the main shop server.