What architecture would you recomend for 500k users?

Hello everyone,

I’m starting this thread because I have some questions about Mautic performance on “big” sites.

Right now we’re thinking about implementing Mautic on a site that currently has around 500k users and is continuing to grow, but one of our main concerns is the performance Mautic can achieve on high volumes. Do you guys can pinpoint me in the right direction in terms of server architecture?

The general idea is to profile users via contact forms (somewhere between 15% of our users) so that we can understand the behaviour and offer better options within the site (It’s a listings site).

I know it’s a little vague, so feel free to ask anything you need in order to get a clearer idea about the project.

Thank you!

Hey, Eric! Thanks a lot for your response. So, if I understand correctly I should be more worried on being able to capture all data with the tracking pixel and not so much on the data mining. Thus far we’ve topped at 300 concurrent visitors, at which rate have you found the timeout to start appearing?

MxyzptlkFishStix, changing to an ssd should improve this performance issue, right? I mean the timeout problem.

Thanks a lot for your responses, guys!

Hello everyone,

I’m starting this thread because I have some questions about Mautic performance on “big” sites.
Right now we’re thinking about implementing Mautic on a site that currently has around 500k users and is continuing to grow, but one of our main concerns is the performance Mautic can achieve on high volumes. Do you guys can pinpoint me in the right direction in terms of server architecture?

The general idea is to profile users via contact forms (somewhere between 15% of our users) so that we can understand the behaviour and offer better options within the site (It’s a listings site).

I know it’s a little vague, so feel free to ask anything you need in order to get a clearer idea about the project.

Thank you!

One of the biggest challenges I’ve seen thus far is on the current visitors side. The total number of leads/contacts is more or less irrelevant on any reasonable hardware. Below is a screenshot of a time period with about 100 average concurrent visitors:

It’s currently setup on a single 7200rpm drive. We are looking to move to RAIDed SSDs in the future before a seperate database solution. Currently the tracking pixel starts to timeout at a few hundred concurrent visitors which results in missed page data but haven’t had any crashes yet.