Mautic on Mac m1?

I have a Mac mini m1 (Apple silicon) that I’d like to put to use as a Mautic server. Before I go down that route, has anyone done this successfully? I wasn’t able to find any documentation about support for m1, either way.

Hi,
What is the purpose of this installation? Do you want to test and see how it works, or use it in production?

no problem on the m1 - Apache, MySQL and PHP work like charm, and Mautic doesn’t mind :+1:

It should work given the tech stack mautic uses.

You can also enable emulation for x86 for libraries that don’t have official ARM support via docker. (Though you will see a 30% performance hit) - it’s quite easy.

But plz don’t forget, that you won’t be able to send emails - just for clearity :smiley:
Mautic runs even on a $20 Raspberry Pi.

Yeah.

As a software engineer who recently went into the email game, I learnt it quite fast that email delivery is now a monopoly by the ESP’s.

Using your own email server is not going to work in 2023.

We have to “pay”.

But at least Mautic helps in keeping the contacts to yourself and costs low. If you get approved by Amazon SES, it’s a game changer.

But at least Mautic helps in keeping the contacts to yourself and costs low. If you get approved by Amazon SES, it’s a game changer.

It is not recommended to use your Mac to send emails, as Amazon SES requires proper feedback loops for bounces and complaints. If you miss them, and your email sending KPI sucks, you will be kicked out.

1 Like

I don’t agree, that ‘delivery is a monopoly’, you can set your own mail server for no cost (postal for example).
You pay for the work you save on maintanance.

What I meant is, your own email server isn’t going to work.
Most ISP’s block port 25/587.

Receiving giants like Outlook/Gmail/etc don’t like receiving mails from independent servers.

Email deliverability has become a monopoly in this sense.

Relevant info:

Well, Contabo has port 25 open. Major provider.
And I have a very successful email server there.

In my eyes the problem is rather, that marketers think customers want their offers, send in bulk like there is no tomorrow, ruin reputation and cry.

Sending email is not easy. If it would be, our inbox would be full with trash.

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments. I already have Mautic instances on some beefy Ubuntu servers, serving hundreds of thousands of contacts without any major issues (after I parallelized sending!). I’m planning on using the Mac for a smaller project, but I suspect it will do just fine as that scales up as well.

I use AWS SES for the actual sending, but as @joeyk pointed out, it was essential to set it up properly to handle bounces etc.