Mautic - OpenCart integration

Dear colleagues,

I’ve spent some time already trying to properly integrate those two systems - Mautic and OpenCart. We have a few large websites built on OpenCart and are very interested to integrate those products.

First of all I tried to check available integrations for Mautic. Not a very big surprise - no available integrations and no use cases with OpenCart. Well, have to go through this alone.

I’ve prepared latest Mautic installation, integrated JS code to the website, prepared CRONs and voila - Mautic started to collect visitors and their behaviour. All seems to be fine, but next question is how to identify specific customer with OpenCart customer database. I’m stuck with this problem currently and don’t see any solution. Mautic documentation says a unique ID can be defined for contact and anonymous visitor and if they are the same, Mautic will take is as one entity, but currently I don’t see a way to add anything unique to JS code.

Theoretically speaking, Mautic integration JS could be expanded with code reading visitor cookies and determining if this visitor is existing customer?

Are there any other ways to connect customer database with website visitors determined by Mautic JS?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated, I’m totally stuck at this stage.

Dear colleagues,

I’ve spent some time already trying to properly integrate those two systems - Mautic and OpenCart. We have a few large websites built on OpenCart and are very interested to integrate those products.

First of all I tried to check available integrations for Mautic. Not a very big surprise - no available integrations and no use cases with OpenCart. Well, have to go through this alone.

I’ve prepared latest Mautic installation, integrated JS code to the website, prepared CRONs and voila - Mautic started to collect visitors and their behaviour. All seems to be fine, but next question is how to identify specific customer with OpenCart customer database. I’m stuck with this problem currently and don’t see any solution. Mautic documentation says a unique ID can be defined for contact and anonymous visitor and if they are the same, Mautic will take is as one entity, but currently I don’t see a way to add anything unique to JS code.

Theoretically speaking, Mautic integration JS could be expanded with code reading visitor cookies and determining if this visitor is existing customer?

Are there any other ways to connect customer database with website visitors determined by Mautic JS?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated, I’m totally stuck at this stage.

Hi,

I am very interested in how you managed to create this OpenCart integration, since I operate some web shops with OpenCart.

Can you share?

When I imported Contacts from the export of User from OpenCart I created a custom field OpenCartID that is unique and added the User ID as the identifier.

I need this solution too.

@jester Are you interested in sharing?

@rtm no problem I can share, but I don’t think I did anything extreme. As I described before, gathering visitor activity is easy but the question is how to integrate OpenCart customer database with it.

I have some OpenCart programming experience and maybe we can figure it out together. I’ll PM you my email and lets go from there.