max number of leads

Hi,

I have a big customer with a very very large of leads every year (near 2.000.000) of contacts. It needs Marketing Automation but I’m afraid to offer Mautic because I dont know if it can run these big ddbb correctly.

I’m sure that probably nobody has this volume of leads running now but the developer probably know where are the limits of the ddbb (obviously whit a very strong hard)

Anyone can share some information about this?

Thx

Hi,

I have a big customer with a very very large of leads every year (near 2.000.000) of contacts. It needs Marketing Automation but I’m afraid to offer Mautic because I dont know if it can run these big ddbb correctly.
I’m sure that probably nobody has this volume of leads running now but the developer probably know where are the limits of the ddbb (obviously whit a very strong hard)

Anyone can share some information about this?

Thx

Hi Miguel

The community has done a lot of work to try to ensure that mautic handles large numbers of leads very well. Personally I have loaded 750,000 leads into it, and the application functions without any noticable performance issues. This is because we enforce pagination so its not possibly to “act” on thousands of records at once.

The other areas where you would run into performance issues would be things like email sending and lead lists. Mautic has also taken special steps to prevent those from becoming issues by having cron jobs that run in the background to ensure email sending is done in “chunks”, as well as lead-list generation. This keeps the system performant and prevents crashing by trying to do too many leads all at once.

Some other advice:
Definitely consider using an email sending service like Mandril. Mandrill will allow you to send up to 100 emails per API connection. That will massively cut down on the time needed to queue the email sending.

Hi @chad.windnagle and @Miguel … since 2 years are gone - are there any new conclusions about that topic? Looking forward to an exchange about larger Mautic installations.