Maxmind not downloading anymore after 3.2.0 update ... seems it doesn't believe I put a license key in there

Just updated to 3.2.0 and Maxmind doesn’t fetch anymore through the config panel.

Everything worked before and the license key is there, while the log tells that Mautic thinks otherwise:

[2020-12-01 16:39:10] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: A string or UriInterface object must be provided, a “NULL” was provided.
[2020-12-01 16:39:10] mautic.WARNING: MaxMind license key is required.

Again, the key is there …

Anyone?

Lex

Hi Lex,

There were some changes to how Maxmind is expecting to receive the license key, it now needs to be AccountID:Licensekey.

Sorry completely forgot to merge the 3.2 documentation PR’s and this one was missing so just added it!

1 Like

I am trying this on 4.0.1 and getting download failed. I know that @Yosu_Cadilla had written up a tutorial once - anyone know if this is still valid for 4.0.1 or if it might be outdated ?

Assuming that you are using the correct format for the license key and account ID, can you share what the error is? The syntax is in the docs linked above in case it’s needed to double check :slight_smile:

Hi @rcheesley

Thank you for pointing that out to me.

When I first started working in computers many many years ago the guys I worked with were all these geniuses and every question I had was given the same answer “RTFM”

So I went and read properly and now all is working!!

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: :rofl: glad to hear it’s all working! It does catch people out because of that change they implemented with the license key syntax!

Hi, I am having the non responsive update button. Tried all I could from the forums and the manual.
Created and accoutn and used account#/key with no success.

I see and error in the log:
mautic.WARNING: IP LOOKUP: Client error: GET https://geoip.maxmind.com/geoip/v2.1.... resulted in a 403 Forbidden response: {“code”:“PERMISSION_REQUIRED”,“error”:“You do not have permission to use this service interface.”} {"hostname…

Does a free maxmind license allow auto updates service?

If want to manually download the file/s? Which version should I use:CSV or mmdb ?
Put the mmdb file or all vsc files in path to mautic/var/cache/ip_data ?

UPDATE
Regarding the file format, I used the GeoLite2-City.mmdb in the path to mautic/var/cache/ip_data and I now see the data correctly.

Other issues are still the same.