Meeting notes 14th January 2020

Welcome to the team meeting! If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :slightly_smiling_face:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Sorry I realized I forgot the introductions thread, so maybe just drop in this thread who you are, where you’re from, and how you’re involved with Mautic
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’m Ruth, long time contributor and Mautic Community Manager, based in the very wet and windy UK :thunder_cloud_and_rain:

1️⃣ Update on progress with Mautic 3

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Great job in getting the alpha release out @alanhartless @john and team! There have been a few reports on GitHub regarding console not being moved and a few other things (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Presume they will be factored into the beta release, @norman is doing a great job with labeling the issues as they come in
norman @Florent is going to est the whole app very soon
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Are we still looking at a beta next week?
norman We just installed a M3 version on production environment
norman And he’ll report all the issues right away
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Great! I’ve been testing locally as well
norman Sadly in terms of development work force I cannot give more
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think @heathdutton was doing some work so that Mautibox could also support m3 from memory
norman But testing all the features and integrations is already interesting (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) What can we do to encourage more folk to test, or direct them to specific tasks if they are developers? We have a developer joined the community and keen to get involved
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Do we continue to point them at the project board?
norman I think it would be awesome that known people ask for volunteers to fix issues of M3 ?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) That might be one for the Acquia team who I expect will catch up later
norman I can try but i believe that if DB would ask for it, it would be grateful
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yeah I think we need to give specific tasks though, like, work on this specific task and report back
norman Do we continue to point them at the project board?I can update that if you like
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) It can be a bit dazzling trying to work out where to start
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @dbhurley
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Just to draw attention to above comment :)
norman I’ve posted a message in #dev we’ll see if it help. Maybe DB could tag the whole #general channel :smile:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Maybe just touch base with @alanhartless before taking action @norman but yes I think it would be good if we could point people to the board where they can find tasks to work on (edited)
norman I’ll do
norman However, i believe that all Mautic 3 issues have to be addressed :slightly_smiling_face:
norman Nevertheless, I’ll do for sure :slightly_smiling_face:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Great! Hopefully we can get an update on the schedule once the US folk are awake :)
norman Yes :slightly_smiling_face:

2️⃣ Roadmap post Mautic 3

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) This is something that @dbhurley will be leading in the product steering group, can you give us any updates on status or when we start discussions on this?
norman As I mentioned before, my team would like to contribute strongly on a new email builder + few email management enhancements
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) There were already some suggestions on the table in Amsterdam, so I'm sure that there will be interest in discussion around prioritizing, what will be the key focus areas etc
norman New email builder = new interface + new HTML generator in the back, more responsiveFew email management enhancements = enhance performance, way some things are managed to make a better UX, etc.
norman I’d like to know how we can proceed. I’d like to:bring few suggestions on the table, a structure of our suggestions in big linesask for community to comment and enhance features, etc.validate with #t-product the planStart workDeliver & testMerge
norman Who can validate that (or another) process + confirm once the “roadmap” are decided by the community, that core team will help to merge ?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes and also the architectural discussions, there a few articles on the blog which mention visions for the future
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, almost like a request for comment
norman https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/7360#issuecomment-574187556
norman Need feedback on it ;) (edited)

3️⃣ Any other business

3️⃣ . 1️⃣ Team lead & Assistant Team Lead for product team

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We need to identify an interim team lead and assistant team lead to step up and get things up and running within the product team
norman I’d love to help
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The main responsibilities will be determined by the team but my thoughts are along the lines of running these meetings, setting up a sustainable release process (maybe with a community member working in tandem with an Acquia engineer as release lead for example), working with @dbhurley closely on things like the roadmap, etc
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Great @norman ! At the summit we agreed terms for the interim leaders but I can’t recall if we decided on 6 or 12 months
norman we said 6 for interim i think
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Ok. Thanks for stepping up, let’s see if anybody else would like to be involved :)
norman :wink:

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), norman

1 Like

This looks fancy! What kind of tools do you use to publish these minutes?

It’s a simple tool that the Drupal community use and I forked it for Mautic, although we need to do some refinement to use markdown instead of HTML (that’s why emoji and links aren’t working) - take a look at the repo here: https://github.com/RCheesley/mautic-meeting-parser

1 Like