Meeting notes 23rd January 2020

Welcome to the team meeting @here! If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :slightly_smiling_face:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - who you are, where you’re from and how you’re involved with the team. Maybe share if you have any exciting things happening this weekend?

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hi folks, I’m the Mautic Community Manager, based in the UK. I’ve been involved in contributing to the docs since Mautic was launched and manage the forums currently. This weekend I’m off to Birmingham to geek out at the National Running Show!
RGBguy Hey I am Kevin. I am an enthusiast and administrator for many self-hosted instances of Mautic. I also have been creating YouTube videos to help people get into using Mautic.

1️⃣ Review last meeting’s notes and actions arising

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The notes from the last meeting are here: https://forum.mautic.org/t/meeting-notes-9th-january-2020/12299

1️⃣ . :one: Update on Grav

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) This should be uploaded in the next hour or so for review on mautic.org in a temporary folder. I’ll share the info once it’s all up and running so we can take a look
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We would need some dev resources to implement an Auth0 login - Grav has OAuth2 plugins, and there’s already an Auth0 library written, it would just need integrating into Grav. I can give some direction and point people at the resources if anyone has availablility
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’ll also ask the product team

1️⃣ . 2️⃣ Knowledgebase update

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) As we’re working on a rebuild of mautic.org (the MVP will launch in March) I think that it might be good - both for SEO and for our own sanity - to incorporate a knowledgebase (which we had discussed would form longer articles like those found on mautic.com/help) into the Drupal site. It would need to be something we plan for the future, maybe even something we work on as a community.The advantages I see are that it would be integrated with the search system of the site, bring us inbound traffic from search engines, and also be subject to the user roles and approval workflows. It would also mean we could have people as editors writing their own content.I’d welcome any thoughts on this!

1️⃣ . 3️⃣ Appointing a Team Lead & Assistant Team Lead

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We touched on this in the last meeting and there were some requests for clarification on what those roles would entail.It is important to bear in mind this is somewhat organic in nature, and we are building the governance structure as we implement, and learning as we go.My thoughts are the primary responsibilities would be:Organising the team and inspiring people to join working groups and contributeWorking closely with the Community Manager & Product LeadSupporting the working groupsWorking with other team leads on projects which span more than one team (this happens quite frequently - e.g. the M3 release will have some content articles and docs work to be done) to ensure there’s a joined up approach and we’re all working together, moving in the same directionLead projects within the team - for example if there was a project to update areas of the docs, or to develop video tutorials, etcBe the team representative on the Steering Group meetingsCome up with ideas for how to grow the team and increase engagement - for example running contribution events, looking out for relevant opportunities such as the google season of docs etc(edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’d like us to appoint an interim team lead and assistant team lead so we can start moving things forward so if anybody would like to step up, please shout! Happy to answer any questions in PM if you have any concerns or want to run anything past me

2️⃣ On-boarding new team members

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We talked about starting a google doc with simple instructions on how we onboard new team members, would someone like to take the lead on this? I can help support.

3️⃣ Call for moderators for the forum

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) As a starting point, would any of the team be up for supporting?It’s really not an onerous job as the anti-spam stuff from Discourse is world class, but I’d like us to start working through some of the older posts and marking them as solved if they have a solution, closing them if they are no longer relevant. Some of this I did before on-mass (the closing part, for threads with no responses) so now it’s more of a manual process that is needed.

4️⃣ Any other business

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), RGBguy