Notes from meeting 30th January 2020

Welcome to the team meeting @here! If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :slightly_smiling_face:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - who you are, where you’re from and how you’re involved with the team. Maybe share if you have any exciting things happening this weekend?

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’m Ruth, Community Manager! I’m in Brussels this weekend for ChaossCon and FOSDEM where I’ll be sharing Mautic with the attendees!
RGBguy Hey I am Kevin. I am an enthusiast and administrator for many self-hosted instances of Mautic. I also have been creating YouTube videos to help people get into using Mautic.

1️⃣ Review last meeting notes

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) https://forum.mautic.org/t/meeting-notes-23rd-january-2020/12497 here’s the notes

1️⃣ . 1️⃣ Review docs

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) See link here: https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CQGQ0D4KU/p1580250390015400
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CQGQ0D4KU/p1580250391015600

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), RGBguy

1️⃣ . 2️⃣ Do we put the KB into the mautic.org site, or as a separate (e.g. Grav) instance on a subdomain (e.g. kb.mautic.org)

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) From an SEO perspective, it might make sense to have the KB within the site (and so it’s searchable) but it might also be valid to have a separate subdomain so we can really focus on them being KB articles
RGBguy I like the sub domain and the separation but I understand the reasoning you have,
Gagan Sub-domain is the way to go... General rule of thumb, separate apps, separate subdomain... always more efficient to handle/migrate/backup from administration point of view
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Sure. However, the downside is they aren’t searchable from the main site and that they won’t be indexed as part of the main domain (although there will be positive links and whatnot)
jordan8037310 it should be a subdomain. It shouldn't matter to SEO that it's a sub, should still prop up the SEO value
Gagan Yes, it shouldn't be a problem SEO wise, its an old myth that the Old School SEO's just don't let die :sweat_smile:Still, if you must do it in subfolder, you can still keep it out of the main website and keep it in its own individual isolated folder. Will need a bit of tweaking to Apache/Nginx directives.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I wasn’t worried about the subdomain aspect, more that it won’t be an integral part of mautic.org. So when you search mautic.org you won’t be searching the docs, or the knowledgebase (unless there’s some funky way to integrate it into the site search)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) just the blog and article content on mautic.org
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hope that makes more sense!
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) (plus it will be a site in its own right, although as mentioned with all the cross linking we should be able to rank it well, and fast)
jordan8037310 If the concern is site search then setting up a Google CSE to include the subdomains should be pretty straightforward: http://www.google.com/cse
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Good point

1️⃣ . 3️⃣ Team lead / assistant team lead roles

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We need to appoint a team lead and an assistant team lead who will hold the interim positions to get us up and running.
RGBguy I think I am may be interested in the assistant team lead position.

1️⃣ . 4️⃣ Forum moderators

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Can anybody step up and help with moderating? It’s not a huge job but would be good to have more people
RGBguy Will this be open for 24 hours?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) yes
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) so you can come back and add comments later
RGBguy I think I could be convinced are there shifts or responsiblities for certain areas?

2️⃣ Projects for the Education team (in order of priority) (edited)

2️⃣ . 1️⃣ Moving to the Grav documentation platform

RGBguy I think this is essential
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think if we like Grav we can quickly get it up and running and then improve it going forward. I’m happy to chunk out the tasks that need doing on this project so that it’s clear where folk can get involved

2️⃣ . :two: Updating and improving the YouTube channel

RGBguy This is something I would happily be strongly attached too
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) So maybe we could come up with a few topics to do a mautic minute on
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) and have them as specific tasks
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) we could start with the new feature to add a campaign action for DNC
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) but also other simple stuff
RGBguy Sounds perfect
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Action: @RGBguy is going to take a look at the videos and will make some notes on what we can do to improve/update and any ideas for new topics are welcome for the mautic minute
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Action: @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) will take a look at the YouTube channel and see if @RGBguy can be added
RGBguy We should also figure out a review process for new videos.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes definitely

2️⃣ . 3️⃣ Developing a new knowledgebase for long-form tutorials and similar

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Integrate these by having a video to accompany each part

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), RGBguy, Gagan, jordan8037310