No log files being generated

v2.15.3 on centos 8

I’m trying to troubleshoot why reports are not displaying hits against a mautic-tagged site. Because I’m a good boy I decided to first examine the mautic logs- but all my mautic logs in /app/logs only go up until January 1 2020 and nothing after that. And that log file only has two entries.

Is there a way to even check if logging is occuring?

Thanks.

Anyone have an idea? Would be great to know why my install suddenly stopped logging after a specific date. Can it be turned off somehow?

No replies. Too bad. I guess it’s not really a “community” afterall.

Hi @bulgin, I’m moving this thread to Product Support as you are likely to get more people looking at it there, rather than in general discussion.

The forums are supported by people like you in their spare time, please be respectful of this when demanding a response within four days, including over a weekend, before making comments about there not being a ‘real community’ here.

As a refresher, please take a look at our Code of Conduct where we outline the behaviours we expect in our community. I draw attention specifically to:

Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.

Hopefully being in the correct category, others will now pick up your request and help to troubleshoot.

You may wish to consider adding more detail about your instance (for example, as a minimum we ask for the PHP version, in addition to the Mautic version you already posted).

PHP Version 7.2.27 last entry in log on

[2020-01-02 03:35:02] mautic.NOTICE: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (uncaught exception) at /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxx.com/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 103 while running console command mautic:campaigns:rebuild
[2020-01-02 08:56:12] mautic.WARNING: String could not be parsed as XML [

Hi,

This is a hard thing to actually try and answer, however some things to check:

1. Do you have sufficient disk space
  2. What are the current permissions on the last log files. (if everything seems fine, you might want to try and change them temporarily to 777 and see if that makes a difference)
  3. Clear the cache
  4. Check that you have sufficient memory

Thanks Mikew for the reply. Appreciate it.

The log file is owned by root and it’s permissions are 664 currently.

It was like that during November and December when logs were working.

Could be permissions - can’t seem to find a definitive source on what file and directory permissions should be for Mautic. . .

What are the permissions for the actual folder, rather than the log file itself?

As there should be a log file for each day, if there are errors which occur that need to be written to the log. If there are permissions issues with writing to the folder itself then it stands to reason that there wouldn’t be a log file.

Likewise, if no errors occur (because nothing in Mautic is causing an error, or there’s no activity and hence nothing happening to trigger any problems) then there wouldn’t be a log file.

Makes sense.

The directory is now 755 and the files within are 644.

I just put them that way. They were:

directory 775
files 664

Would that be the cause?

As well, there is another file in there simply called error_log - in addition to the usual (outdated) logs - owned by root. Is that normal?

Can log severity level be set anywhere? I believe I should have had some reporting in the logs but there isn’t a single one. If logs are only report on errors, then perhaps the default should be “error” logs or something. Anyone know of a way to create an error just to see if this install is even working properly?