not possible to create a role that does not allow to the user the right to send email

In Mautic 1.4

I’m sending a newsletter (normal email not campaign) every week to my customer. I would like to give the right to a user to clone the last week email, modify it and save it with another internal name but not allow him the right to send it to avoid the possibility of an error. I would like also to give the right to another user to send the email.

As far I see it’s not possible to do that in Mautic. Do someone have a solution ?

Thank you

My actual parameters :

Role : Email Writer

Permissions

Email Permissions

Categories - User has access to

View

Emails - User has access to

View Own

View Others

Edit Own

Create

Role : Email Sender

Email Permissions

View

View Own

View Others

Edit Own

Edit Others

Publish Own

Publish Others

In Mautic 1.4

I’m sending a newsletter (normal email not campaign) every week to my customer. I would like to give the right to a user to clone the last week email, modify it and save it with another internal name but not allow him the right to send it to avoid the possibility of an error. I would like also to give the right to another user to send the email.

As far I see it’s not possible to do that in Mautic. Do someone have a solution ?

Thank you

My actual parameters :

Role : Email Writer
Permissions
Email Permissions
View
View Own
View Others
Edit Own
Create

Role : Email Sender
Email Permissions
View
View Own
View Others
Edit Own
Edit Others
Publish Own
Publish Others

Does someone can reply to this ?

Thank you

Is there a special reason you do not do this with a campaign and an email template? Because if you use a campaign, then everything becomes quite easy: You can give permissions to the users who modifies the email, but does not have permission to run the campaign. And you can give permissions to another user, who can run the campaign but is not allowed to modify the email.

Because every week I have 12 emails in html generated from my erp to send for 12 different segments and I would like to keep the history of all these emails.
My idea was to create with the user admin, 12 “base” emails without any content in the body of the mail and then give the task to the user “email writer” to clone this base email every week, renaming it with the week number in the internal name and copy paste the content of each html file in the corresponding mail body. Then the idea was to ask to the user “email sender” to do the revision of the work and send the emails.

If I do that with a campaign, I will have to create 12 templates email and duplicate them every week as my first idea. but then I will have also to duplicate the 12 campaigns and modify them with the right email template wich is a lot of work every week.What I can do instead is not duplicate the campaign and only modify the “base” campaign but it is always more work than just send the email.

Maybe there is a better way to do that, but I haven’t found it.

Not sure if I am thinking too simple here, but if I understood correctly, I would do this:
Week1:

1. Create email templates 1-12 with week 1 content from your ERP
  2. Create a campaign that sends the emails to the 12 segments, using the 12 templates
    Week 2:
  3. Clone and rename week 1 content email templates to keep the history
  4. Modify week1 email templates 1-12 with week 2 content
    That’s all.
    You dont have to clone or modify the campaign, because the email template names that should be used always keep their name.
    Am I missing something here?

Yes it could be a solution. I will test it and give you feedback. Thank you for the idea