Number of new Contacts Created in Dashboard Report exceeds actual new contacts

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.2.2
My PHP version is: 7.3.6
My Database type and version is: MySQL 5.7.33

Your problem
My problem is: Greetings, our company is new to Mautic. We have a successful installation that is functioning well. However we are beginning to get new email sign-ups for Mautic contacts on our website and I was looking at the Mautic dashboard report that shows the number of new contacts. At the top of the dashboard the graph report is titled “CONTACTS CREATED”. The numbers reflected in the dashboard report greatly exceed the number of actual new contacts that are appearing in our list of contacts. Is this capturing IP addresses or something of website visitors? I would have thought that this report of “CONTACTS CREATED” would be actual contacts that had populated the contacts database with name, email address, etc.

Thank you in advance for any assistance and my apologies for this noob question if the answer is obvious.

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Hi,
Yes it is a noob question, which every single of us asked first time using Mautic.
We are all noobs. Some of us noober than others. :slight_smile:
Mautic creates a contact for anonymous users as well.
Open contacts and click on the little man at the right side.
You’ll see all the unknown contacts. Their info is also saved, so once you know who they are all the collected info is available.

Here is a great video about this topic by @ekke :

Good luck, and don’t be shy asking :slight_smile:
Joey

Hello Joey, Thank you for your response. I guess a “contact” is anyone that makes contact… including any ip address - doh. Gracias!