Pagination error - translation issue - 43 items, 2 pages in total => error is displayed

I fresh installed mautic 4.4.9 and chose Romanian Language.
At the bottom of the “Custom Fields” Page I get Page error:

When I choose English, everything is normal:

So, I suppose there is an issue with the translation. I worked in the last time at translating to Romanian language, but I cannot figure it out, where could be the issue.

I would be grateful for any hint :slight_smile:

Look for ‘ and ‘’

As I saw, the issue is also with the Russian translation (commented one year ago, according to transifex). So I suppose it is something with Mautic.

I will let the string for the moment untranslated, it works without this string translation.

I tried with the 1:1 same English text, and it does not work. The error in the log is the following:

• this error is irrelevant

[2023-08-16 20:35:53] mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - Undefined variable: inline - in file /var/www/html/mail/offline.php - at line 77 {“inTemplate”:true,“isAjax”:true,“message”:“The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.”,“submessage”:“System administrators, check server logs for errors.”,“inDev”:false,“base”:“/”,“root”:“/var/www/html/mail”,“assetPrefix”:“”,“paths”:{“themes”:“themes”,“assets”:“media”,“asset_prefix”:“”,“plugins”:“plugins”,“translations”:“translations”,“local_config”:“%kernel.root_dir%/config/local.php”,“root”:“/var/www/html/”,“app”:“app”,“bundles”:“app/bundles”,“vendor”:“vendor”},“assetBase”:“/media”} {“hostname”:“mail”,“pid”:2126}

• here can be seen the 1:1 same English text that generates the error:

[2023-08-16 20:35:53] mautic.ERROR: Symfony\Component\Translation\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: Unable to choose a translation for “one: %count% item|some: %count% items” with locale “ro_RO” for value “43”. Double check that this translation has the correct plural options (e.g. “There is one apple|There are %count% apples”). - in file /var/www/html/mail/vendor/symfony/translation-contracts/TranslatorTrait.php - at line 125 {“hostname”:“mail”,“pid”:2126}

in version 5.0.4 i have this error only report page. In contacts (error has been in 4.4.10) - all right

and on report page:

[2024-05-20T09:12:54.443280+00:00] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Twig\Error\RuntimeError: "An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Unable to choose a translation for "one: 1 элемент|some: %count% элементов" with locale "ru" for value "5". Double check that this translation has the correct plural options (e.g. "There is one apple|There are %count% apples").")." at ./app/bundles/CoreBundle/Resources/views/Helper/pagination.html.twig line 118 {"exception":"[object] (Twig\\Error\\RuntimeError(code: 0): An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template (\"Unable to choose a translation for \"one: 1 элемент|some: %count% элементов\" with locale \"ru\" for value \"5\". Double check that this translation has the correct plural options (e.g. \"There is one apple|There are %count% apples\").\"). at ./app/bundles/CoreBundle/Resources/views/Helper/pagination.html.twig:118)\n[previous exception] [object] (Symfony\\Component\\Translation\\Exception\\InvalidArgumentException(code: 0): Unable to choose a translation for \"one: 1 элемент|some: %count% элементов\" with locale \"ru\" for value \"5\". Double check that this translation has the correct plural options (e.g. \"There is one apple|There are %count% apples\"). at ./vendor/symfony/translation-contracts/TranslatorTrait.php:125)"} {"hostname":"demo","pid":128631}

I guess it’s somewhere because of this :grinning: , but:

1. what should be? ’ or "
  2. how can it be that pagination works on one partition, but not on another? key mautic.core.pagination.items is global key …