PHP version?

Hello!

Which version of PHP do you recommend and what settings should be applied

Hello!
Which version of PHP do you recommend and what settings should be applied

Hi there!

Mautic requires at a minimum PHP 5.3.7 to run, but personally I would recommend only 5.5 or 5.6 at this point (as older PHP versions are no longer maintained by PHP itself). At a minimum, you’ll need PHP’s mcrypt extension installed; for better performance it’s recommended you also install the iconv, intl, and mbstring extensions. For the database connection, MySQL or PostgreSQL are supported and you should install PHP’s PDO extension for better performance there. Lastly, as a Symfony application, you’ll get a performance boost if you have an accelerator or caching mechanism available as well (and this may be recommended depending on how much traffic your Mautic install will be processing); APC for PHP 5.3 or 5.4 or the built in OPcache for PHP 5.5 and later will work just fine here.

As far as recommended settings, the only thing I find the need to tweak out-of-the-box is the date.timezone setting to make sure systems are handling dates correctly. Otherwise, I’ve found that the default PHP configurations work just fine.