PITA that is Dynamic Content

Hey dimas,

Saw you posted on my thread regarding Dynamic Content now working.

Super frustrating. I was beginning to think it was only me. Thanks for posting and confirming otherwise.

I really, really need to get this resolved like this week, got a major project hinging on a dynamic landing page.

Hopefully we can work together and get it resolved one way or another.

Out of curiousity, I’m wondering if our environment setups are contributing to the issue in any way.

I’m running on Digital Ocean with ServerPilot (Nginx with an Apache Proxy) setup.

Running Mautic 2.8.2

Going to test 2.7 to see if Dynamic Content worked there. Also planning to test 2.9.2

Anyways, thanks for posting on Slack about it.

It needs posting on GitHub issues too.

If you’ll post there and let me know I’ll chim in as well.

I have had success in the past reporting bugs and seeing them fixed there.

No experience with the Slack channel though.

Cheers, look forward to workign with you on this.

Pat.

Hey dimas,
Saw you posted on my thread regarding Dynamic Content now working.
Super frustrating. I was beginning to think it was only me. Thanks for posting and confirming otherwise.
I really, really need to get this resolved like this week, got a major project hinging on a dynamic landing page.
Hopefully we can work together and get it resolved one way or another.
Out of curiousity, I’m wondering if our environment setups are contributing to the issue in any way.
I’m running on Digital Ocean with ServerPilot (Nginx with an Apache Proxy) setup.
Running Mautic 2.8.2
Going to test 2.7 to see if Dynamic Content worked there. Also planning to test 2.9.2
Anyways, thanks for posting on Slack about it.
It needs posting on GitHub issues too.
If you’ll post there and let me know I’ll chim in as well.
I have had success in the past reporting bugs and seeing them fixed there.
No experience with the Slack channel though.
Cheers, look forward to workign with you on this.
Pat.

HI Pat, looks like its known problem and lead dev in mautic can’t fixed. this is what one person told me. this is why one one is responding to you or me :slight_smile:

best
Dimas

Just searched GitHub Issues and ran across it being posted 3 days ago.
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/4607

John Linhart, a Mautic Dev (maybe lead, I see him alot), has marked it as a bug and P0 which means project owner I think, not sure.
But that’s a good sign. I’m going to pitch in on that and try to help, looks like it’s being worked on. I encourage you to jump on the ticket too, the more support we can get behind it, the more likely it’ll be fixed.
Even if it’s just confirming, it’ll help.

I’ve got such high hopes for Mautic. I feel like I’ve been through developer hell and back using it though.
Granted, I’ll chalk 90% of that up to learning curve, maybe more.
But there are definitely some quirks all together that make me nervous about it — like clearing the cache.
Ultimately though, I’ve been able to overcome them all and have something really nice, including custom CRM integrations back and forth using two different system APIs. So I have hope still.
Now if Dynamic Content would just work, I’d have something to brag about.

Anyways, hope this gets resolved.
Keep me in the loop if you discover something and I’ll do the same.
Pat.