Mautic Community Forums

Dynamic Content

Hi there,



I know there is a ton of threads regarding dynamic Content - but I haven´t found one with a solution. So here is my Problem:



I´ve been playing around with dynamic Content. I read the documentation and watched the Video on YouTube. I tried to rebuild the example form the Video. This is what I´ve done:


  1. Created dynamic Content - named “test” - it´s the only dynamic Content I have…
  2. created a campaign, based on segments, for the Segment “dynamic” there is push/pull dynamic Content Action, without any conditions. Dynamic Content requests Slot “slot2”
  3. chucked myself and a couple of other leads into the Segment “dynamic”
  4. Setup a simple landing page an include the following code:
Code:

unknown visitor
The code is not right - I can´t Close the

. If I add

at the end the code afterwards turns red....
5. Logged out of mautic and visited the page, tried different Browsers => same result, no dynamic Content is shown


I don´t get it - I know that the code is wrong, because I can´t close the

. I tried leaving that out, no changes. I treid several Solutions from other threads... but I don´t get anywhere with it.

I am using one of the free demo accounts to Play around...

Any tips, tricks, help or yelling because I made a simple mistake? ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Chili_666
P.S. sorry about the funky spelling, but IE here at work has it´s own mind when it Comes to speaking english...

Hi there,

I know there is a ton of threads regarding dynamic Content - but I haven´t found one with a solution. So here is my Problem:

I´ve been playing around with dynamic Content. I read the documentation and watched the Video on YouTube. I tried to rebuild the example form the Video. This is what I´ve done:

  1. Created dynamic Content - named “test” - it´s the only dynamic Content I have…
  2. created a campaign, based on segments, for the Segment “dynamic” there is push/pull dynamic Content Action, without any conditions. Dynamic Content requests Slot “slot2”
  3. chucked myself and a couple of other leads into the Segment “dynamic”
  4. Setup a simple landing page an include the following code:

<p class="lead" /> <div class="mautic-slot" data-slot-name="slot2">unknown visitor </div>
The code is not right - I can´t Close the

. If I add

at the end the code afterwards turns red…
5. Logged out of mautic and visited the page, tried different Browsers => same result, no dynamic Content is shown

I don´t get it - I know that the code is wrong, because I can´t close the

. I tried leaving that out, no changes. I treid several Solutions from other threads… but I don´t get anywhere with it.

I am using one of the free demo accounts to Play around…

Any tips, tricks, help or yelling because I made a simple mistake? :wink:

Thanks in advance,

Chili_666
P.S. sorry about the funky spelling, but IE here at work has it´s own mind when it Comes to speaking english…

This is the code

<div class="mautic-slot" data-slot-name="slot2">Text in the html - this shows up if the visitor is not known</div>

Thanks for the code… but still, I can´t get the dynamic Content to show. This is what my landing page code Looks like:

[code]

{pagetitle}

Hello there!


Text in the html - this shows up if the visitor is not known



[/code]

My campaign is:

source: Segment “dynamic” which includes 71 contacts
pull dynamic Content: requested Slot:slot2, Content:Test
push dynamic Content: Content:Test

Anything else? I simply don´t see what´s wrong…

I´ve just been playing around a bit… it couldn´t be an issue regarding the tracking of visitors?

As I said I am running on a demo account, so I wouldn´t think so… I was just wondering because if I try to use {contactfield=lastname} or any other token in the landing page it doesn´t work as well…

Cheers,

Chili_666

what is a demo account?

Sorry, I am using a free .mautic.net account…

Same for me i try with joomla and wordpress and it doesnt work

up

I am using the dynamic Content on a mautic generated landing page…

Yes this doesn’t work for me either - asked on slack and didn’t receive a solution.

Dynamic content has some problem in v2.8.1. and v2.8.2 waiting for v2.9.0 for the fix will be released soon.

Had a similar issue with version 12.1 and could solve that by enabling CORS in my .htaccess file in the root of Wordpress install. Maybe its a similar issue and worth a try. If you’re not using wordpress just check if your website has CORS enabled, just found out CORS is required both in Mautic config and and in the target website where DWC will be published.