Dynamic content - just a fairytale?

I’ve used a lot of hours digesting all content I can find about this, and I’ve have it setup in all the ways it’s told to be setup through documentation, videos and forum posts.

But it’s not working. And from what I can read around the forum, there is a lot of people not getting this to work. There has been posts about “This will be fixed soon” dating back to the middle of 2016.

So I’m wondering, is there anyone out there that has gotten the dynamic content to work? If so, could you please share how?

I’ve used a lot of hours digesting all content I can find about this, and I’ve have it setup in all the ways it’s told to be setup through documentation, videos and forum posts.

But it’s not working. And from what I can read around the forum, there is a lot of people not getting this to work. There has been posts about “This will be fixed soon” dating back to the middle of 2016.

So I’m wondering, is there anyone out there that has gotten the dynamic content to work? If so, could you please share how?

DCW works fine for me¡ In Mautic 2.8, Mautic 2.9 and now in Mautic 2.10 also

I could say you how I do that but I prefer to Know how you used it because I just followed the instructions and worked fine. I use dynamic content with WordPress… and it is important to know that when you prove the functionality remember you must use oder dispositive like Iphone or Ipad. (When I use DCW and try with my user, it doesn’t work because i m logged)

See this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eChzJm5yBUk&t=5s

PS-if you don’t achieve this, tell us your Mautic version… Maybe someone could help you.

Good luck

Hi,

I’ve followed the video you share. But you wrote: “When I use DCW and try with my user, it doesn’t work because i m logged”.

Will it not work if you log out of Mautic and/or use another browser or device?
Then it’s kind of hard to test to see the result. :frowning:

I’m using Mautic v2.10.1

@celius When you try to provide DCW with your user exists in the browser a cookie with your IP associated. The best practice is to test with another device connected with another IP address (like your mobile per example)

To learn one needs to try it and make some mistakes. Try it and then tell us how it was the adventure, for those who will ask after you.

:slight_smile:

Any one try Dynamic content in the email builder???
I got this issue https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/8557-dynamic-content-in-email-not-working

Thanks @sergio.bolinches
I will try to setup again, and to use a device on another IP to check (get a user to test) - and post again about my successrate. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just had a test, and it did not work.

I used this code to embed:

<div class="mautic-slot" data-slot-name="epost">denne er rett i koden</div>

Besides that code, the only other code from mautic I have on this webpage is the tracking code. Maybe there is something else I need to place to get it to work?

Edit:
I managed to get it working, but not completly. I had a campaign targeting users where e-mail is not set. I wanted to show a CTA to get their e-mail. This didn’t work. But when I tried differently, targeting userrs where we did know e-mail - we could get dynamic content to show.

Okay. I’ve managed to get it working. But, it only triggers once.

I’ve set it up like this:
Do we have e-mail of user? If no, push dynamic content to ask for e-mail.

This happens once for the contact. Even if I remove from campaign and segment, and re add, this dynamic push never happens again. I have to delete the user and then it works again. Just once.

What I want to happen it that it pushes the dynamic content until we have the e-mail, and only then stops.

Can this be done?