I’ve been using Mautic for years without any issues at all saving emails on Mautic.
That was working with emails in Spanish (I’m based in Madrid).
I started to work with a new customer with emails in ENGLISH language and I started to have problems saving emails in Mautic. The system freeze or hanged when saving.
I was very skeptikal as I never saw that problem before and the only emails failing on saving where in English.
Today I found that ANY email with html code, even inside p paragraphs had the words “select” or “selected”, the emails failed.
Just removing that word from HTML solved the issue, so I assume that is being caused by any kind of security configuration or SQL injection related issue.
That problem is happening to me with LiquidWeb USA hosting and all the Mautic instances under their hosts.
I’m also working with Siteground hosting in Europe and that problem did not appear, so I see this issue more related to SQL configuration / hardening / PHP version more that something inside the Mautic code.