Recurring Campaign Scheduler

We are looking for a way to RUN a CAMPAIGN Weekly and Monthly – by allowing the CALENDAR SETTINGS to include this functionality. It does not make sense to have a decision tree for tasks which will simply continue every week. Similar to a DRIP MARKETING CAMPAIGN but we want to loop the same TASK.

Any suggestion or recommendation?

We are looking for a way to RUN a CAMPAIGN Weekly and Monthly – by allowing the CALENDAR SETTINGS to include this functionality. It does not make sense to have a decision tree for tasks which will simply continue every week. Similar to a DRIP MARKETING CAMPAIGN but we want to loop the same TASK.

Any suggestion or recommendation?

I thought there was already a feature request for repetitive campaign trigger, but cannot find any. Could you create it with more description? For example a real world example where it would be necessary?
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues

i have these condition and triggers

Lead Sources
Campaign forms
Lead lists
Actions
Adjust lead points
Change campaigns
Modify lead’s lists
Modify lead’s tags
Push lead to integration
Send email
Update lead
Decisions
Downloads asset
Opens email
Submits form
Visits a page
Conditions
Form field value
Lead field value

Which will use for recurring method or a loop mails.

Hi guys,
First of all, thank you for your brilliant work and congrats with the recent Mautic project development! This is really a very promising project.

I think, we have an important feature request here.

I ran into the same issue recently. Actions inside campaigns run only once. This prevents campaigns to work as recurrent ones. A lead can’t re-use the same campaign again. If you need to put a lead through the campaign again, you put it in this campaign source, but the campaign won’t work for the 2nd time. You can’t make it move down the campaign logic path, the lead gets stuck on the first action that it has triggered on the last pass and never moves any further.

Can it be that if we use “Change Campaigns -> Remove Lead From -> This Campaign” then the lead’s “track record” of actions, decisions and conditions from this campaign gets nullified? If the lead now gets into this campaign again, it starts afresh. To me it would be totally logical and intuitive behaviour.

Does it sound realistic to implement?

I did a bit of a checking on this. It’s been mentioned here earlier: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/1012-campaign-does-not-restart

[quote=6239:@escopecz]I thought there was already a feature request for repetitive campaign trigger, but cannot find any. Could you create it with more description? For example a real world example where it would be necessary?
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues[/quote]

I second escopecz, I have checked every single feature request on GitHub, but haven’t found anything that would implement this.

There are many use cases like repeating follow-up emails (every time a person buys an item), routine reminder letters (like “we never ask you for a password”), recurring account maintenance checks (“please update your account info”), repeating on-action “thank you letters”, confirmation letters, basically, any condition-based or smart list-based recurring task. I think, it can not be implemented with the present Mautic functionality because of this missing feature, correct me if there is a workaround.

I went ahead and filed a feature request.
Please check it, chime in or +1 it, if you feel it’s an important feature to have.

My use case for this was really simple.

I wanted to create a form that would provide an automated assessment email based on some survey questions. The assessment would be something like “since you answered b to question a, you might have a high risk of c”.

I managed to create the campaign that could do this, with a few tricks, but a user can only run the assessment once, because the email will not send a second time. In most cases, this is ok, but they might want to run the assessment again should their circumstances change.

I would like to simply set the action as recurring so it can happen multiple times. I know it’s dangerous (definitely worth an on-screen warning), but in this simple case, I think it’s a valid choice.

I notice the feature request above suggests adding and removing from a campaign to wipe the history – in my case that would be a bit of a work-around, but it would be acceptable.

Anyone knows something about this? I think it’s really important feature

I was also thinking about a more elegant way of letting user optin into subscriptions and later on add more topics through the same process (with some different flow depending if this is the first optin or a subsequent). Seems not to be possible, if a campaign can only be run one time for a contact.

May think about multiple campaigns then.