In an industry with a long-maturity sales cycle a client may be inside a funnel for many days, sometimes weeks and even a few months.
I know this scenario is correcly handled by Mautic:
Say an automation X has 10 steps. Here there are a few:
- Step 2 selects the product: J, K or L and tags the client as “hhhh”
- Step 4 sends an email “yyy” mentioning the product.
- Step 8 sends an email “zzz” mentioning the product and untags “hhhh”
- Step 9 is “went to checkout” and step 10 is the “purchased” step.
Say those are the events:
Day 1 - Customer A enters an automation X.
Day 2 - Customer A enters the step 2 and selects product J. Customer A gets tagged “hhhh”.
Day 3 - Customer A advances to step 4, email “yyy” is sent to A mentioning product J.
Day 4 - Customer A advances to step 7 and stays there for 1 month.
Day 10 - Customer B enters the same automation X.
Day 11 - Customer B enters the step 2 and selects product K. Customer B gets tagged “hhhh”
Day 12 - Customer B enters the step 4 and an email “yyy” is sent to B mentioning product K.
Day 13 - Customer B enters the step 7 and stays there for 1 month.
Day 20 - Customer B advances to step 8. Email “zzz” is sent to B mentioning the product K. B is untagged “hhhh”
Day 21 - Customer B advances to steps 9 and 10 and purchases product K.
Day 30 - Customer A advances to step 8. Email “zzz” is sent to A mentioning the product J. A is untagged “hhhh”
Day 31 - Customer A advances to steps 9 and 10 and purchases product J.
Say I send an email manually on day 15 to all people tagged “hhhh” referencing their product:
- A gets a reminder about product J.
- B gets a reminder about product K.
If I repeat this manual email on day 25, to all people tagged “hhhh” referencing their producto:
- A gets the reminder about product J.
- B does not receive any email.
Okey. Now THE QUESTION:
I wonder how this scenario can be handled:
Instead of being 2 clients, now it’s 1 single client with 2 purchase-processes in parallel.
There’s no A and B.
I need A to be 2 times inside the same funnel and each “re-entrancy” to have it’s onwn state.
So for instance:
On Day 3 - Customer A enters the step 4 “for the first process” and an email “yyy” is sent to A mentioning product J.
On Day 12 - Customer A enters the step 4 “for the second process” and an email “yyy” is sent to A mentioning product K.
On day 15 - Customer A receives TWO emails: One for product J and one for product K.
On day 25 - Customer A receives ONE email: Only for product J, as product K already advanced towards the end of the funnel but product J is still there in the middle.
A couple of real examples:
Clothing for theater plays:
- A manufacturer M sales clothing for theater plays.
- A theater company A in January starts preparing Hamlet for December. The want a brown fabric.
- The same theater company in May starts preparing Medea for August. They want a pink fabric.
- In June they think about making Hamlet in pink. So now both instances are “in pink”.
- In July they say that was a silly idea and revert to brown. The system must know the color is brown now for Hamlet only and keep Medea in pink.
The client must be 2 times in the same funnel.
- A yatch broker has yatchs for sale and for rent.
- For some reason the “sales” and “rent” funnel are the same as the steps for closing the operation are the same.
- A customer A in January starts the process for purchasing a Yatch. This process may last 1 year.
- The same customer wants to give a party in July and another different party in October.
- Whilst he does not have her own yatch, the customer wants to make two rental operations in two different yatches.
The client must be 3 times now in the same funnel.
How can I configure Mautic to handle those reentrant funnels?