Second campaign triggered email keeps beeing rescheduled

I have an issue inside a campaign an email always gets rescheduled:

1. Send marketing email 1 - success
  2. Check for link click - success
  3. Add 10 points and add to a segment- success
  4. Send marketing email 2 after 5min - event gets triggered but email sent rescheduled 6 hours after
  5. Trying to manual reschedule on the contact, saved new event time successfully but when the time arrives it gets rescheduled again

The only workaround I could find is to set the email to be sent IMMEDIATLY insted of waiting a period. But the idea is that the email should be sent on the next day…

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.15.3
My PHP version is: 7.1.27

Your problem
My problem is: Campaign email sent keeps getting rescheduled

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Tried all kind of adjustments to the campaign flow, changing to transactional emails and changing the wait period

That’s a very strange behavior of Mautic. I have three consecutive marketing emails, all follow the same path. The first one gets always rescheduled unless I set the send to IMMEDIATLY.

For the second and third email, that follow exactly the same logic of the first. The path works without rescheduling issues.

Has anyone had similar experiences, where the campaign design is correct but for some reason a specific branch doesn’t behave as it should?

Check your date and time, it sounds like you got it scrambled.
You need to set the server to UTC and PHP to UTC too, then in Mautic, set your real timezone.

So I finally figured it out. It was a problem related to the CONDITION check after the ACTION to send the second email.
I had set up one CONDITION to see if a link was clicked inside the email and a second one to verify if an attachment was downloaded.

After validating the first CONDITION the next email will be sent while after downloading the attachment points are added to the contact.

Turns out the CONDITION that verifies if the attachment was opened was malformed. I solved the points with POINT ACTIONS as a workaround.

What is still strange is the behavior of mautic that would reschedule the email. No VALIDATION can run based on the email clicks if the email is not sent, and the email will not send as it keeps rescheduling.

I don’t think it’s really a bug but it made it enter an endless loop. I am not sure exactly what was going on so don’t know how to report this issue.

Cool, thank you for sharing back the solution to your issue @demian91