Segment Filters Losing Values

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.0
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MariaDB

Your problem
We seem to have issues with some segments either not saving filter values or having filter values disappear at a later date in time. This results in our cron jobs getting stuck because the segments fail to build with empty values in the filter criteria.

We’ve had two different users report the same phenomenon in two different Mautic instances.

This issue seems to have started with the Mautic 4.4 upgrade.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there an issue or PR in GitHub I’m unaware of addressing this?

1 Like

I can confirm this.

In my case segment filters lose their values when I make changes and then save them. I am not sure if this happens every time or only if I add a lot of filters. I would have to test that more.

But it is a big problem because it can cause sending out mails via campaign to people that should not have been in the segment in the first place. But if the segment loses all their values and I did not catch this then all mautic contacts get assigned to that segment.

Luckily this scenario has not happend yet. It just happend with a segment that is not used in campaigns.

Using Mautic 4.4.1 → maybe this has been fixed in newer versions?

Not had this happen to me in any version, just lucky I guess.

At the risk of stating the obvious, upgrade and see if the issue persists. 4.4.1 is quite an old version.

I have 8 mautics running 4.4.9 (latest) and so far all good.

Yes, this happens ‘randomly’ after certain upgrades.