Send Email to Sales, not Lead

I can see how to send an email to the lead as part of a campaign, or in response to a trigger, etc. However, I can’t see how to send an email to someone else, say, a sales person to notify them of some action. Is this possible and I’m just missing something obvious, or is there another way to do this?

Cheers

Malcolm

Malcolm,

Did you find a way to solve this problem?

It seems like a pretty necessary function. If Joe shows buying behaviour, send an email to the salesman to contact Joe to close the deal.

I see it can be done via a stand alone form, but that involves the prospect submitting a form, not always appropriate.

Did you find a way to solve this problem?

A partial way, but not complete.

Standalone forms can have an action thats ends an email to anyone, however from within a campaign it seems you can only send emails to the lead.

So what I’ve done is change my form to a standalone form, send the email to sales using a form action, then have another action which adds the lead to a list. Then the rest of my campaign is triggered off adding them to the list.

Works, but still unsatisfactory as it doesn’t solve to problem of sending emails to sales based on other triggers (ie. not a form being filled out, but say someone reaching a certain point value).

Would definitely like to see the same logic in the Form action being added as a campaign action.

Cheers
Malcolm

@MxyzptlkFishStix how do you do that in Mautic?

I can see how to send an email to the lead as part of a campaign, or in response to a trigger, etc. However, I can’t see how to send an email to someone else, say, a sales person to notify them of some action. Is this possible and I’m just missing something obvious, or is there another way to do this?

Cheers
Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

I think you are describing a “notification” mechanism here for when a lead has taken actions so that sales can follow up with more offline, custom actions. I do not believe it exists in Mautic at the moment. However, there are 2 things that may help you but I haven’t tried them out:

1. If it’s not a complex campaign and you need to alert the sales person when a lead has submitted a form then you could try the standalone form. Standalone forms allow you to have multiple actions attached.
  2. I have heard of people creating a Zapier integration on this forum. Apparently Zapier allows you to connect multiple apps and automate actions. I have not used Zapier myself but you may be able to use it to automate sending an email. Have a look here:
    https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/254-zapier-integration/0#p973
    https://zapier.com

Hope this helps.

Linh

Malcom
Once the Double-Opt-In is done, I send a final mail, saying “welcome %MailAddress%”. THIS mail is configured to be send to myself in BCC, as well. So I get informed on each nes subscriber.

Maybe this can help
OLAF