Sending emails from queue

Hi,

We have setup Mautic on a VPS server with more than 40k Contacts and Email Settings it’s configured to handle emails from the Queue with a limit of 50 messages for queue processing. We also have integrated this service with Amazon SES and our Max Send Rate is 50 emails per second.

We have notice that each time that the cron job it’s executed to process the email queue, it takes about 15 seconds to process a request of 50 emails; which means 50 x 4 = 200 emails per minute. So if we plan to send a total of 40k emails, will take approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete the request.

1. Is there a way to reduce execution time when processing the email queue using Mautic command?
Code:
php /var/www/mautic/app/console mautic:emails:send

2) Or what would be the correct way to send all 40k emails faster?

Thanks, Carlos Caro.

Hi,

We have setup Mautic on a VPS server with more than 40k Contacts and Email Settings it’s configured to handle emails from the Queue with a limit of 50 messages for queue processing. We also have integrated this service with Amazon SES and our Max Send Rate is 50 emails per second.

We have notice that each time that the cron job it’s executed to process the email queue, it takes about 15 seconds to process a request of 50 emails; which means 50 x 4 = 200 emails per minute. So if we plan to send a total of 40k emails, will take approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete the request.

1. Is there a way to reduce execution time when processing the email queue using Mautic command?
php /var/www/mautic/app/console mautic:emails:send
  1. Or what would be the correct way to send all 40k emails faster?

Thanks, Carlos Caro.

There were many, many conversations on this topic. Since you mentioned SES, I googled this one for you: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1740

i have talked to a few major companies that deal with email such as google, yahoo, comcast and other ISP type of businesses that monitor and have email servers. When it comes down to it and your using your own SMTP or even other 3rd part connections for emails. DNS PTR records have to be verified and cleared as safe. Mautic isn’t a safe application to just be sending out mass emails at all. Its on your end that needs to be checking on all these crazy steps that need to be in place.
I had my hosting provider explain a bunch of things. VPS, Shared, and Semi Dedicated servers arn’t able to provide or be a legit server for you to have or uses SMTP Dedicated Servers are the only one’s that you can have this setup and working properly.

I have over 70k in emails for all my clients the past 6 weeks has been a nightmare sending out anything, mautic logs show nothings is wrong and the cue just fills up and the cron job doesn’t trigger to do anything that is because the server itself detects a lot of ESMTP and SMTP PTR issues and it collects and collects and everything will be bounced back at somepoint. After i opened up my bounced email address i use for mautic 520k plus emails where inside of fit all legit all working email address showing bounced and all these errors from all locations on the planet with proper safe PTR Records missing or unknown. The moment i talked things over with my hosting people my mail server uses my actual dedicated server path and is used in the PRT records proving i’m a dedicated safe server for hosting domains and emails. I also increased speed, connection from this. I waited 24 hours for everything to change and connect globally and this morning i sent out 70k of emails in 2 hours with no problems. Mautic now shows me true stats on sent, opened, clicks and from whom. All other 3rd party companies that are autoresponder systems have had to go through and have all this crap done on there ends so they are a legit mass email server.

I have had the past 2 months lot’s of 554-web.de (mxweb111) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available

554-No SMTP service

554 invalid DNS PTR resource record, IP=xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
On Linux servers the following error can be found in /xxx/log/maillog :

Nov 9 11:33:15 hostname postfix/smtp[29973]: … ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP service 554 invalid DNS PTR resource record,