SMTP 525 when using other SMTP

Hi,

I’m using an external SMTP Server (Locaweb) to send e-mails with Mautic.

When the user send a custom e-mail to a contact, he can change the “from” e-mail to anything he wants.

The problem is, my SMTP Server forces me to register with them the e-mail used as the “From” address.

When the user change the “from” e-mail, Mautic try to send using this address, and my SMTP Server denies it, returning the error 525. Unless I register it.

What I need is a way to prevent the user to change the “from” address, or make Mautic always use the one configured in the “Mail” section.

I used to develop mail sending applications, and in cases like these, we used the configured e-mail as the real “From” address, and the user defined “From” as a “Reply-to” address.

Hi,
I’m using an external SMTP Server (Locaweb) to send e-mails with Mautic.

When the user send a custom e-mail to a contact, he can change the “from” e-mail to anything he wants.

The problem is, my SMTP Server forces me to register with them the e-mail used as the “From” address.
When the user change the “from” e-mail, Mautic try to send using this address, and my SMTP Server denies it, returning the error 525. Unless I register it.

What I need is a way to prevent the user to change the “from” address, or make Mautic always use the one configured in the “Mail” section.

I used to develop mail sending applications, and in cases like these, we used the configured e-mail as the real “From” address, and the user defined “From” as a “Reply-to” address.